Let's do this together!!

Options
ginnyraye08
ginnyraye08 Posts: 20 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Looking for more friends so we can reach our goals together! I have been sporadically using MFP for a few years now but never reached out to the community. I decided it's about time I committed to reaching my goal and trying new things! never really had a support system while trying to lose weight before so hopefully making friends will benefit other people with the same mindset, as well as myself. Add me if you would like!

Replies

• loz_hunt
    loz_hunt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Ginny, I'm in the same position. Decided it wasn't working trying to do it on my own so just joined the MFP community. :smile:
  • ginnyraye08
    Options
    loz_hunt wrote: »
    Hi Ginny, I'm in the same position. Decided it wasn't working trying to do it on my own so just joined the MFP community. :smile:
    So awesome to hear I'm not alone lol! What is your goal weight if you don't mind me asking?
  • loz_hunt
    Options
    My goal weight is 57kg but I would be happy at 59/60kg. I'm really frustrated with myself. I was 59kgs last year and kept the weight off for my wedding but since then I've put all my weight back on. I am now around 70kgs. It happens every time. In the past I've reach my goal weight about 4 different times but I always put all the weight back on. I'm hoping to lose at least 10kgs or more. What's your goal?
  • ginnyraye08
    Options
    loz_hunt wrote: »
    My goal weight is 57kg but I would be happy at 59/60kg. I'm really frustrated with myself. I was 59kgs last year and kept the weight off for my wedding but since then I've put all my weight back on. I am now around 70kgs. It happens every time. In the past I've reach my goal weight about 4 different times but I always put all the weight back on. I'm hoping to lose at least 10kgs or more. What's your goal?
    Right now I'm at 250lbs/113 kgs. I've gained some weight since I just finished my first year away from home but I've been around this general weight for a couple years. I'm thinking 180lbs/81 kg would be a good overall first goal and if I reach it and want to keep going then that would be awesome. But I'm just trying to take it a little at a time!! I never get very far when I don't tell anyone I'm trying to get healthier so hopefully we can get this weight off and keep it off together!! You can definitely reach your goal again and it's gonna be the last time you will need to reach it because you will rock this!!!
  • briislovely
    briislovely Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • ginnyraye08
    Options
    You can add me!

Thanks!! How are you doing so far? What's your goal?
  • loz_hunt
    Options
    Yeah I find its so hard to lose the weight but so easy to regain it. I love my food and can emotional eat sometimes so I think that's why I put it back on so quickly. Yeah i find it works well when you tell people what you're doing and they can hold you accountable and know you're trying to be healthy and lose weight. Thanks for your motivation! We can definitely do this! I know it can be done, the challenge for me will be keeping it off for good :) and saying no to food when I'm not hungry.
  • markag1990
    markag1990 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm the same. Used mfp girl a while but not been in the community part too long. Always good to have people with the same interests.
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • ckilleen59
    ckilleen59 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds a lot like my story as well. I'm definitely into trying out the community and adding in the encouragement/accountability aspect. I'll add you!
  • ginnyraye08
    Options
    ckilleen59 wrote: »
    Sounds a lot like my story as well. I'm definitely into trying out the community and adding in the encouragement/accountability aspect. I'll add you!

Awesome! Thank you
  • ginnyraye08
    Options
    markag1990 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm the same. Used mfp girl a while but not been in the community part too long. Always good to have people with the same interests.
    Feel free to add me if you like :)

Awesome to meet you and thanks for the support!! Can't wait to see what the community is like. So far everyone is so nice and helpful!

• DanniPants6
    DanniPants6 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hiii! I'm Danni ! I like your attitude!
  • ginnyraye08
    Options
    Thanks girl!!
  • DanniPants6
    DanniPants6 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks girl!!

No problem!
  • lou20152015
    lou20152015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi !
    I'm Lou, new also...
    Have you read Jason Vale, fit for life. You can get it for a penny (plus postage) on Amazon, a great read for motivation and to change the way you think about food
    X