What motivates you to get off your butt?

Options
124»

Replies

• Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Accountability and goals.

I go to the gym MWF mornings at work and meet with a trainer. Knowing that I'm basically standing him up if I don't go is a definite motivator.

Also, for running... I guess because I like it? I actually get antsy on rest days.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Having a workout plan that I know I can do without hassle helps push me to get to the gym. But if even that fails then 20-30 minutes on the exercise bike. And if not that, just go for a long walk.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old is my biggest motivator! He loves trying to copy my moves when I workout. So he keeps pestering me to get up and move! Then we have a blast together!
    Another big motivator is that I want to plan for my second one and I need to lose at least 30 lbs before I try.
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My wife.

She is in the best shape out of all the(natural) females in my gym, and there is a lot of them lol

She has great genetics and can be a little more liberal with her diet, but I have taught her what foods will benefit her the most, as well as everything else she knows about weightlifting and fitness. It just so happens that when she applies my advice, she progresses significantly faster than me lol
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    A few things: Knowing how I will feel afterward (endorphine effect). The positive effects on my allergies. Seeing the toining of my muscles and simply stress releif. Never found anything that helped me get rid of work stress more effectively