Replies

• quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!!!!!
  • traceywaugh
    traceywaugh Posts: 144
    Options
    go for it you can do it maybe just the motivation you need. if you dont tryt you will never succeed. you dont need negative opinions around you. good job lots of positive support on here
  • smiley01x
    smiley01x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your kind words, I knew I could count on someone to believe in me! I am gonna change my mindset and eating habits for the better, starting right now! :happy:
  • TheBrandon
    TheBrandon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So, last night at Zumba i joined a weight loss challenge. It starts July18-Aug22. $20.00 fee to join and winner gets the pot. When i get home i tell my girlfriend about it, and she says that I should have just taken that $20 and thrown it in the trash cause i am not going to win. (she knows that i have a hard time losing weight due to medical reasons, but still...) Grrrr that just makes me want to do it more!

Should not be a problem. Out work everyone else. Track your macros. Monitor your heart rate. Burn more calories then you consume and keep your deficit in check. No reason this is not obtainable. You lose its because you didn't want it.

Having said that if you have a severe medical reason that prevents you from losing weight easily...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your kind words, I knew I could count on someone to believe in me! I am gonna change my mindset and eating habits for the better, starting right now! :happy:

Way to go girl! A lot of people on MFP have health issues that make it more difficult to lose weight, but they don't let it stop them. Just work as best you can! Even if you don't end up winning, you should still be incredibly proud to make progress :)

Hang in there!
  • leighton1245
    leighton1245 Posts: 125
    Options
    So, last night at Zumba i joined a weight loss challenge. It starts July18-Aug22. $20.00 fee to join and winner gets the pot. When i get home i tell my girlfriend about it, and she says that I should have just taken that $20 and thrown it in the trash cause i am not going to win. (she knows that i have a hard time losing weight due to medical reasons, but still...) Grrrr that just makes me want to do it more!

Should not be a problem. Out work everyone else. Track your macros. Monitor your heart rate. Burn more calories then you consume and keep your deficit in check. No reason this is not obtainable. You lose its because you didn't want it.

Having said that if you have a severe medical reason that prevents you from losing weight easily...

Excatly losing weight is the easy part (all you have to do is eat and keep doing your zumba)keeping it off for some is more of a challenge for some.
  • babynurse123
    babynurse123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What a friend, not!!! You prove her wrong, you have it in you, and you can do it!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I have such a huge pride issue that if I were you I would totally win just because she said that too me!
  • ThaCookieMonster
    ThaCookieMonster Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Dont let ANYONE put you down because if you do give up its only going to effect YOU, NOT THEM! Remember that girl! Its all about killing them with kindness. Let them hate on you, That means your doing something right... Your obviously making your friend feel threatened! its actually funny =) keep up the good work!
  • Sweet_As_Honey
    Sweet_As_Honey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on joining Zumba. I hear that it is quite the workout. I would love to join something like that.

Also, don't let your girlfriend's comments get to you. Sometimes people don't want to see others succeed because they are not happy in their own life. I don't know if this is the case, but don't let it bring you down! On the other hand, one of the comments replied said maybe that is why she said it, that way you would succeed. That's a possibility too. One thing is for sure, you can do anything you put your mind too regardless of any negative comments and if that is the kind of support you are getting from your friend, maybe that would be a good reason to not share your success and/or failures with her. Share with those who will support you and want to see you succeed.