Trying to get healthier and shave off a few in the process

Options
senora_o
senora_o Posts: 1 Member
Hello,

I am one of those annoying people that always had a fast metabolism and could eat whatever they wanted...and I LOVE to eat..until I hit 40. At 40 I gained 15 pounds within 8 months. I became so upset because I didn't know what was going on and although I have thyroid issues, I couldn't blame that this time! I wanted to get healthier, move more, and lose this extra weight. I have a group of ladies I walk with every day at lunch so that is great. I also am doing push ups at my desk and anything else to just get myself less stagnant. Probably looking at joining the local YMCA too. Anyways, it is interesting to be able to see what I am putting in my mouth calorically and nutritionally and has made a huge difference so far. It has taken some getting used to for sure and some days are easier than others but the difference I am seeing and feeling is making it work it.

I welcome any support and am happy to give support as well.

Replies

• Gozira99
    Gozira99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 40+ year old club. I don't usually comment on here and I have made no effort to make friends because I used MFP just as a tool. It does become much more difficult as we age to keep a steady weight and to keep our fitness in check. Keeping an eye on what you put into your body is very important and limiting certain foods that can be high in sodium or fat, even though they don't contain many calories, is also key to "shaving a few pounds" like you said. You can request me as friend, I would love to talk some more if you have questions. I lost 40 pounds so far and in the best shape since high school. The first 30 came off easy, the last ten, not so much. It is because I started using MFP that helped me get the next ten, and probably another ten before its all said and done. Good luck!