Options
2»

Replies

• caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    rakowskidp wrote: »

So I've been following my trainer's plan, which started at a 3 min. walk, 5 min. run pattern for 30 minutes. This morning, I intended to increase running by 1 and decrease walking by 1. But, I felt a bit sick to my stomach to start, so I decided to hold to the previous plan. My first run segment started at the 3-minute mark. I hit 8 minutes and had enough energy to continue. So, I decided to go as long as I could, and it ended up being 18 minutes! Then I finished with 4.5 walk, 4.5 run, for a total of 7.5 walk, 22.5 run (an increase in running time of 4.5 minutes). I can do this!

Yes you can!! Well done!
  • caitlinrn83
    Options
    Woo! Well done.

How was it? Ready for more?

Bring it on!
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I think this is the point where you might need to consider yourself a runner
  • caitlinrn83
    Options
    Awesome! I think this is the point where you might need to consider yourself a runner

that just made my day.
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Completing W5D3 is such a mental hurdle, but once you know you can run for 20 minutes, the rest comes easily. Good luck with the remaining runs! I did C25K a few years ago, and it definitely turned me into a runner.
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Your gonna love the way it make you feel....!tough yes!! Toughen you up for that muddler you want in on!! Cheers!
  • caitlinrn83
    Options
    @mrswhitehog--yes!!! I love the way I feel when I finish.
    True story-I started crying the when the voice in my ear told me to "slow down to an easy pace to cool down." I run at 4 am and fully expected the police to be called for the war cry I let out when I finished!
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I run at 4 am and fully expected the police to be called for the war cry I let out when I finished!
    OK, so the folks in the lab probably think I'm nuts, but I just laughed out loud at this!
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    OP you're awesome!!! Keep it up! :)
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Congrats on doing w5d3! It's an amazing feeling to be able to do it. I'll be doing w6d3 today, which is 22 minutes... and then no more walk breaks after that!
  • ssakcik
    ssakcik Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congrats on doing w5d3! It's an amazing feeling to be able to do it. I'll be doing w6d3 today, which is 22 minutes... and then no more walk breaks after that!

That was me today too... When the 22 mins came to an end I felt like I could have kept going (for a bit lol)... It's amazing really as 6 weeks ago running for 60 seconds was close to impossible.
  • caitlinrn83
    Options
    rakowskidp wrote: »
    I run at 4 am and fully expected the police to be called for the war cry I let out when I finished!
    OK, so the folks in the lab probably think I'm nuts, but I just laughed out loud at this!

I've laughed at myself all day! My next door neighbor and running partner was hysterically laughing!
  • caitlinrn83
    Options
    I just want to point out that I've gotten a couple of messages and friend requests based on this post alone, and to so many people--i was in your shoes 6 weeks ago. Never, ever, ever did I think w5d3 was possible. But everyone was right--trust in the program, repeat days that didn't go well, and you'll get there. So many people were so positive and encouraging-if i can do this, you can :blush:
  • kingjoker32
    kingjoker32 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting that program Monday. I have done it in the past, only to get to week 3 then I gave up. This time I am determined to finish it! Need to get back into shape and be able to run. I plan on joining the military so I hope this will help me get ready for it.
  • caitlinrn83
    Options
    @kingjoker32 you can do it. just make time for it and keep moving forward.
  • caitlinrn83
    Options
    just want to throw out there that w5d3 is completely a mental game. If you can power through that one, you've got the rest whipped.