Any other ladies out there who are 5'4.5 and weigh 145 looking to lose 20 pounds?

2»

Replies

• Myjourney2345
    Myjourney2345 Posts: 116 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hi ladies! Feel free to add me as a friend. I actually made a conscious decision to up my calories to 1,650-2,000 a day in order to avoid bingeing. I exercise so much and burn so many calories in addition to walking 6,000+ steps a day that I did not want to leave my body malnourished. I wear a heart rate monitor and have a fairly accurate estimate of the number of calories burned per workout (around 380-500 per 45 and 60 minute workout with an average heart rate of 165). I lost .8 pounds this week even while having pretty crappy food days on both Saturday and Sunday. I actually prefer to have a caloric deficit of no more than 600-700 calories a day and on the day I don't exercise I limit myself to 1,600 calories a day, while getting 12,000+ steps in. I'd rather losen 3-4 pounds a month than lose the weight quickly, starve ( and I feel terrible when I only consume 1,450-1,500 a day) and revert back to bingeing.
  • Myjourney2345
    Same here (mostly). Currently around 145-146; 5'3". 5 (have to add that half inch!)

My goal is to get to 140 and see how I feel with it. May want to drop into the 130's, not sure yet.
    I mostly do cardio, running, for exercise. I haven't been able to stick to a strength training routine; I've started & fell off couple times.
    I have cals set to 1421, but eat back some exercise calories. On PMS days or those "I'm ravenous" days that pop up, I don't mind upping my calories to 1600-1800, sometimes even more.
    I definitely have been losing slowly because of these things, but still feel good. Got serious with counting & exercise late summer/fall and have lost 30+. I've started really pushing these past couple weeks & weight has dropped quicker.

In my experience, a loss is a loss and the slower you lose weight the better your feel in the long run.
  • curlyblue21
    curlyblue21 Posts: 78 Member
    Hi, I'm 5'3...I started at 218 pounds, I have been walking 1000 steps and sticking to 1200 cals...I now weigh 151 pounds and still want to loose about 11 pounds..but every time I up my calories I put on!
  • ashenk224
    ashenk224 Posts: 14 Member
    Hello! I'm 5'3". My highest weight was 178 in December and I'm currently at 160. I want to get back down to 135-140. I try to at least work out 4 days a week. I work 12 hour long night shifts so my days I work are tiring. Right now I'm doing a half hour of interval running on days I lift (which is 2-3 times a week) and on my cardio only day I go on the elliptical for an hour. My diet is my biggest problem. I tend to not be able to eat for long periods of time so when I can eat I'm usually starving. I'm hoping once I get my diet in check the weight will drop off. Before when I weighed 165 a few years back I was able to drop 25 pounds in 6 weeks. I wasn't calorie counting then so I can't say it was necessarily healthy. I was working out 2 hours a day and very strict with my diet. I'm just hoping now I can get to a healthy weight in a healthy way.
  • tinyc82
    tinyc82 Posts: 21 Member
    5'4.5 139.25lbs as of this morning :'(
    I haven't logged properly this week due to binges.
    I have been down to 132lbs and as high as 146lbs since Xmas.
    I'm going to stick to 1600 plus exercise calories when I start c25k on Monday.
    Hoping to get a handle on this and remain consistent for once!!
    Good luck xx
  • Myjourney2345
    edited May 2016
    tinyc82 wrote: »
    5'4.5 139.25lbs as of this morning :'(
    I haven't logged properly this week due to binges.
    I have been down to 132lbs and as high as 146lbs since Xmas.
    I'm going to stick to 1600 plus exercise calories when I start c25k on Monday.
    Hoping to get a handle on this and remain consistent for once!!
    Good luck xx

Yes, I'm glad to see someone else who is consuming more than 1,500 calories a day! I was 129 pounds in January and went up to 145 pounds in April through bingeing (while still working out a lot). I too suffer from terrible binge episodes and I find that if my deficit is greater than 600 calories a day my body is triggered and I turn to bingeing. I'd rather lose .8-1 pounds per week than binge 1-2 times a week and restrict my calories to 1,400 a day for 4-5 days. I made the commitment to break this vicious cycle even if it means that my weight loss is slower. As long as I lose weight and increase my strength and endurance I am a happy girl.
  • Myjourney2345
    Hi, I'm 5'3...I started at 218 pounds, I have been walking 1000 steps and sticking to 1200 cals...I now weigh 151 pounds and still want to loose about 11 pounds..but every time I up my calories I put on!

Hey there, in 2009 I weighed 215 pounds and I went down to about 118 pounds in about 6-7 months while exercising and eating 1,200 calories a day (I used my scale to weigh my food). Personally, it really destroyed my relationship with food and it wasn't worth it as I was very thin, yet miserable and starving. I gained some of the weight back due to bingeing and hovered around 155 pounds for a few years before losing 29 pounds last year for my wedding, while consuming 1,450 calories a day and working out intensely 4-5 times a week (burning 400-500 calories per workout). This too wasn't enough and I started to binge again...I am doing things differently this time around.

Are you using a food scale? I use a food scale and always have, it is the only way to accurately estimate the number of calories you consume per day. And are you walking 10,000 steps and exercising?
  • Myjourney2345
    Same here (mostly). Currently around 145-146; 5'3". 5 (have to add that half inch!)

My goal is to get to 140 and see how I feel with it. May want to drop into the 130's, not sure yet.
    I mostly do cardio, running, for exercise. I haven't been able to stick to a strength training routine; I've started & fell off couple times.
    I have cals set to 1421, but eat back some exercise calories. On PMS days or those "I'm ravenous" days that pop up, I don't mind upping my calories to 1600-1800, sometimes even more.
    I definitely have been losing slowly because of these things, but still feel good. Got serious with counting & exercise late summer/fall and have lost 30+. I've started really pushing these past couple weeks & weight has dropped quicker.

That's awesome! I also don't restrict even on days I go over my caloric range. If I am ravenous I'll eat more, otherwise I know that it will trigger a terrible binge episode. In the past, my mindset was such that even if I went over my calorie range by 100 calories I would say "screw this let's binge the day is destroyed", it was very black and white and led to some terrible binge episodes. Now, I celebrate every binge free day and ever day that I'm at a deficit.
  • gvillena72
    gvillena72 Posts: 2 Member
    FatMomRun wrote: »
    5'3.5" I was at 178.7 pounds in December, just weighted in at my doctors appointment this morning at 132.8. :-). My doctor says she will support me dropping to 129 but no lower as she thinks my body is lean enough.

I currently eat 1,500-1,800 a day and am training for a 10k in June and a half marathon in November. (I would have laughed at you if you told me in December I was going to run even a half mile in 2016).
    FatMomRun wrote: »
    5'3.5" I was at 178.7 pounds in December, just weighted in at my doctors appointment this morning at 132.8. :-). My doctor says she will support me dropping to 129 but no lower as she thinks my body is lean enough.

I currently eat 1,500-1,800 a day and am training for a 10k in June and a half marathon in November. (I would have laughed at you if you told me in December I was going to run even a half mile in 2016).

• gvillena72
    gvillena72 Posts: 2 Member
    To fatmomrun, What type of exercise and eating habits you have now that help you lose that much weight ??