Need support

Options
Hi everyone! Here's the story....

I started my journey 18 months ago and lost 41 pounds on WW. I maintained that loss for a year. I recently started an entire life transformation by enlisting a personal trainer for an hour a day, three days a week, doing an hour of cardio in the gym the other three days a week (taking a day off for rest) and using MFP to control my caloric intake. I went from being completely sedentary to doing this intense work, and I am doing other things to keep myself active during my daily routine (ie: washing the car by hand, taking the stairs, etc.)

The weight is coming off, and I am grateful. However, I was losing just as much weight when I was sitting on my @ss (no exercise) and only doing WW, which is basically calorie counting. I know that I am gaining muscle, and I am proud of all the hard work I am doing, but I would be lying if I said the smallish number on the scale each week isn't affecting me. I am losing about 2.5 pounds a week, which is great...I just thought it might be a bit more. I am not in this to do it quickly, and I have only been at it a month, so I am trying to focus on how much better I feel, how much more awake and alive I feel, rather than focus on smashing my scale in to as many tiny little bits as I possibly can. :explode:

Any help or information on how I should be feeling about the weight loss will be very much appreciated!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bunnyb11
    bunnyb11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello my friend.......Well dont get discouraged as i have been in the same this same spot before. I am trying to take this thing one day @ a time and with each day try to push myself to greater heights. You can do this as i know i can do its just getting my mind into this as well.. My first goal is to be 250 lbs or under by Thankssgiving 2011 and i have 27 more pounds to go. You can do this KEEP YOUR HEAD UP and GO HARD!!!!!!

Feel free to friend me if you like i as well as alot of other people are here to help you along your journey toward a better and much happier healthier way of life.

God Bless!!!
  • kristie778
    kristie778 Posts: 51
    Options
    You said you were starting an "entire life transformation" and I think that sums it up. There are SO many benefits to exercise that can never be measured on a scale, for example a reduction in the risk for heart disease (I bet if you were to look at your cholesterol levels, blood pressure, and resting pulse you would see a major difference from when you were not exercising!), better glucose control/reduced risk for diabetes, improved mood, improved sleep, and the list goes on....

2.5 pounds a week is nothing to sneeze at, anyway! That is what I would consider a pretty fast loss...usually 1-2 pounds is what you can expect.

Keep focusing on how much better you feel, and be proud of the 41 pounds you lost and keeping it off...that in itself is a huge accomplishment. Hang in there!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    You have lost 9 lbs in month that is fantastic. You should be averaging 1-2 lbs/week. Much quicker than that isn't good. Remember, slow and steady wins the race. This is a process, and it takes time. When I first started, I averaged about 1.5 lbs/week with no exercise. When I started exercising, I still averaged about the same until recently since I am getting close to my goal. Taking the weight off slow will keep it off that way. This is a lifestyle change not a diet. You are in this for your healthy and change habits not for a quick fix. You have done a great job so far, keep it up!!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone. This is not a race but a journey
    Good Luck!
    You can friend me for support :bigsmile:

One more thing, I am a WW Lifetime member and
    I am here because it didn't work for me anymore.
  • Pandabug93
    Pandabug93 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The number on the scale might not move as much as you'd like it too, but you should consider the other victories by incorporating exercise into your routine. You'll lose inches, gain muscle (which burns way more calories than fat, by just sitting down). You are making your body healthier and although the process may be slow, think of the shape you'll be in, toned. You'll be able to do all sorts of activities that a lot of skinny people can't do, all because of muscle.

The weight will come off and you'll be glowing.

Don't be discouraged, everything in life takes time.

Good luck (:
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for your support. Everyone had something to say that I hadn't thought of...THANK YOU!!!!

I appreciate you all so much! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: