Jillian Michaels Challenge Week 1 - CLOSED GROUP

Options
Good Morning Ladies! I hope everyone has an amazing first day! Thank you to everyone who helped me fill in the blanks on the last set of charts! We've had a couple changes, some members have dropped out, others have joined so please review the charts below!

JMChallangePurpleTeam-1.png

JMChallangeOrangeTeam-1.png

JMChallangeGreenTeam-1.png

JMChallangeBlueTeam-1.png

***There have been some changes to the rules as well! A large majority of members has requested that we track inches (see chart above) The team winner as well as the individual winner will be determined by number of inches lost. If there is a tie, weight loss will be the tie breaker. If you haven't already submitted your measurements please do so before Monday of next week ! *******

JILLIAN MICHAELS QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
When asked what's the best way for someone to motivate herself to get fit, Jillian responded -
"Ask, What do I want? For a twenty something, it might be to wear a bikini. For a 70-year-old, it might be to live to 100. Next, form an emotional connection to your goal. Then when you choose between a bagel and egg whites for breakfast, you make the choice with your goal in mind. That's what I do. I'm extraordinarily mindful about making decisions."

WEEKLY CHALLENGE 1: What motivates you? A trip to the beach with a new bikini? Living longer for your family? Just to feel better about yourself? Print out a picture that represents your motivation and put it on your refrigerator, cabinet or wherever your "bad foods" are hiding. Next time you want to make a bad food decision you'll be reminded of why you're working so hard!

WEEKLY CHALLENGE 2: Get with your teammates and come up with a new name for your group! Make it fun, catchy and meaningful!

WEEKLY CHALLENGE 3: Post every time you complete your Jillian Michaels DVD and respond to at least three other posts. Everyone is doing fantastic and we all deserve recognition for our hard work!!

Thanks everybody, we'll see you next week!

Replies

• BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Here are my measurements :)

R Arm: 10 3/4
    L Arm: 11
    Chest: 36
    Waist: 31
    Hip: 38 1/2
    R Thigh: 24
    L Thigh: 24 1/2
  • Kera885
    Kera885 Posts: 59
    Options
    Here's mine :)

L Arm: 14.5
    R Arm: 15
    Waist: 31
    Hips: 45
    L Thigh: 28
    R Thigh: 28.5
    Abdomen: 37
    Bust: 40
    Neck: 14.5
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 2 finished! woot woot!
  • newtswifey07
    Options

Great job! Was it easier than day 1?
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the charts they look great! Still waiting on the arrival of my 30ds but went to the gym yesterday & going again today to make up for it.. tracking says it should be here Saturday I can't wait! I'll post my measurements tonight :)
  • horizonsp
    horizonsp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of level1 done...:smile:
  • horizonsp
    horizonsp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of level1 done...:smile:
  • roxie_belle
    roxie_belle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What measurements are we going by? Everyone seems to have posted different.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Okay, goal for me today will be to get my measurements when I get home from work today and put them up.

Bummer that the mail man came this morning and was not proudly carrying my 30DS w/ the junk mail. Here's to hoping/praying he forgot it in the truck and will come back to deliver it this afternoon! ;p
    (Which by the way this particular mail man has done that in the past - more than once!haha)

& as for coming up w/ a team name, I haven't tried it just yet, but if we can do like one big message though MFP. That would be cool, but if not, TEAM GREEN, would you prefer to just figure it out through posts on here? By writing on each others walls (might be harder to keep track of )?
    or would you want to communicate via email? Facebook? or even twitter?

I'm open to any of them, but let's try to stick w/ just one so that we don't start playing tag. Thanks!
  • joyfulthanks
    joyfulthanks Posts: 155
    Options
    Day 2, level one completed (although I'd been doing it for a few days before we started). Push-ups are getting easier!
  • joyfulthanks
    joyfulthanks Posts: 155
    Options
    TEAM GREEN: Okay, I'll be the first to throw out a few name ideas. I don't know why I was drawn to such hard-core, competitive-sounding names. I think maybe I'm just really, really ready to DO THIS whole Shred thing!

1. The Weapons of Mass Reduction
    2. Shredheads
    3. Shock & Awe
    4. And a name that made me LOL -- Victorious Secret! :)

These are names that I found via Google search. They're not original to me.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the charts they look great! Still waiting on the arrival of my 30ds but went to the gym yesterday & going again today to make up for it.. tracking says it should be here Saturday I can't wait! I'll post my measurements tonight :)

No worries! The 1st can be a rest day and then you can kick butt on Saturday...Go Orange Team!
  • superhippiechik
    Options
    What measurements are we going by? Everyone seems to have posted different.

I am doing the measurements that were in the other thread. It was bicep,bust,waist,hips/booth and thigh.:flowerforyou:
  • superhippiechik
    Options
    I have a few name ideas for the Orange Team
    Team Tangerine
    Orange Crush
    The Slim Fast's

:drinker:
  • CaWaterBug8
    Options
    bajolyn2 I like your name ideas. Especially Victorious Secret and Weapons of Mass Reduction.
  • rosemiller11
    Options

Great job! Was it easier than day 1?
    A little bit... pushups for sure! I still have a long ways to go before I rock it tho!
  • rosemiller11
    Options
    bajolyn2 I like your name ideas. Especially Victorious Secret and Weapons of Mass Reduction.
    I really like the Victorious Secret. A few more I found online...
    Wii not fit
    Born to lose, or The Born Losers
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I like Orange crush :) or maybe the orange crushers lol idk, I'm not very good at thinks like that.
    Team tangerine is cute too
  • CaWaterBug8
    Options
    Team Green:

Thunder Blasters
    Team Pounders
    Team Energizer
    Team Side Twisters or just twisters
    Burpee Queens
    Alpha Force Nine
    Side Lungers

Gosh these all sound kinda lame, but what ever helps spark somethin brilliant right? I shall think some more and be back later. Hahah
  • newtswifey07
    Options
    Any ideas for names for team blue?!?!? I'm getting jealous of the other teams and am SOOOOOO not in a creative mood right now!