Not completely new, but back at it.

Options
Not new to MFP completely, but this is a new account after I stopped using my old one about a year and a half ago.

Hello :smile:
My name is Whitney and I'm 29 years old. I'm newly married (7 months) a new homeowner (9 months) and I work from home for a gaming company. I'm an all-around geek who loves pretty much anything from video games to anime to sci-fi and fantasy.

My weight has always been an issue and in 2010 I hit my highest weight ever: 285lbs. I'd fallen into an extreme restriction/binging pattern during college ('05-'09) and my weight had just skyrocketed. I finally got my eating mostly under control and made it down around 250 and ended up staying there for 4 years. Towards the end of 2014 I really lit a fire under my *kitten* and got all the way down to 205 before the stress of life kicked in and took over again (got engaged, quit my job, etc.) and I just basically gave up. Over 2015 and the first few months of 2016 I just consistently gained weight and as of this past Monday I stepped on the scale and my heart broke... 279lbs. 1 pound shy of my highest weight ever.

So now I'm ready to stop screwing around. It's back to exercising and counting calories (I'm not 'dieting' as I refuse to say that any food is bad...its about moderation not deprivation) and I'm looking for some friends on the same journey.

So, yeah.... Hi :smile:

Replies

• shadesofjaim
    shadesofjaim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am new too. I'm 38 & also back at it! We can do this! :) I totally agree with you that it is not about deprivation, but rather moderation. I need to be healthier but if I'm at a pizza party, I'm gonna have a slice or two and journal it, kwim? :)

Jaime
  • shadesofjaim
    shadesofjaim Posts: 11 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    PS Your job sounds great. I love video games. Since having kids tho, I had to stop playing most of them, as they were becoming too much of an addiction and time sucker for me and I was not able to keep up with work, home, the kids, and overall life. Actually had to drag myself to a psychologist to help me quit. But I still do love them and sometimes I daydream of my kids growing up, moving out, me retiring, and playing WoW all day! LOL...
  • whitneyfay86
    whitneyfay86 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    PS Your job sounds great. I love video games. Since having kids tho, I had to stop playing most of them, as they were becoming too much of an addiction and time sucker for me and I was not able to keep up with work, home, the kids, and overall life. Actually had to drag myself to a psychologist to help me quit. But I still do love them and sometimes I daydream of my kids growing up, moving out, me retiring, and playing WoW all day! LOL...

I'm sure that will be the case with me as well if/when we ever decide to have kids. Though my husband is exactly the same way so it'll be two-fold.