Calorie dense foods?

Options
What are some of the most calorie dense foods to eat that aren't too expensive and are healthy? I am trying to gain about 25 pounds by the beginning of July. I have a decent appetite when I do eat but I have a super fast metabolism. I have been eating a lot and gaining some weight but since I haven't been working out lately it's been going to my stomach. I know how to lose my stomach easily, I was always very athletic to the point where I had a flat stomach in 3 weeks after having my daughter, but I also lost all the weight I gained while pregnant in that time too.

So basically, my issue is eating enough calories to supplement when I workout so that I don't lose weight everywhere. I have something to boost my appetite but I've been eating a lot of junk and soul food so it's going to my stomach. I don't mind some fat but I want it in the right places (my lower body). So I want to eat healthier.

Replies

• princessterrie16
    princessterrie16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • potbelliedboy
    potbelliedboy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are a good option!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

The types of food you eat, doesn't determine where it goes, genetics do. Eating "healthier" wont make it go to the places you want. That just isn't how it works.
  • MacBoyy97
    MacBoyy97 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hear brown rice is a big one. Plus, potatoes, chicken, and pizza (don't eat too much of it).
  • princessterrie16
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

The types of food you eat, doesn't determine where it goes, genetics do. Eating "healthier" wont make it go to the places you want. That just isn't how it works.

I know what I eat won't determine where it goes but I'd rather eat healthier, less fatty foods than the junk I've been eating which are notorious for going straight to the gut (like fast foods, pizzas, soul foods etc.) because that's pretty much what I've been eating. But I've never heard of a chicken salad or asparagus giving you a gut, because they're healthy. My genetics are to pretty much not gain weight at all. Everyone in my family is small frame, no stomachs, some have hips. My stomach isn't huge, in fact other people would probably think I don't have a gut at all. But compared to the flat 4-6 pack I'm used to, I'm not too pleased with what it's becoming.
  • princessterrie16
    Options
    Smoothies are a good option!

I did have a time during my freshman year in college where I gained like 10 pounds in two months because I got a WaWa smoothie everyday lol. I'll try making my own smoothies.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

I know what I eat won't determine where it goes but I'd rather eat healthier, less fatty foods than the junk I've been eating which are notorious for going straight to the gut (like fast foods, pizzas, soul foods etc.) because that's pretty much what I've been eating. But I've never heard of a chicken salad or asparagus giving you a gut, because they're healthy. My genetics are to pretty much not gain weight at all. Everyone in my family is small frame, no stomachs, some have hips. My stomach isn't huge, in fact other people would probably think I don't have a gut at all. But compared to the flat 4-6 pack I'm used to, I'm not too pleased with what it's becoming.

All foods can go right to your stomach. The fact that you are eating 5k calories and gained 20 lbs is such a short time is what made it go so quickly. If anything drop thr apetamin, and concentrate on some of the foods in that list. But thinking that nuts, avocado, chicken, etc wont go to your stomach isnt correct. If you want to minimize fat gains, then start a progressive lifting program.
  • princessterrie16
    Options

All foods can go right to your stomach. The fact that you are eating 5k calories and gained 20 lbs is such a short time is what made it go so quickly. If anything drop thr apetamin, and concentrate on some of the foods in that list. But thinking that nuts, avocado, chicken, etc wont go to your stomach isnt correct. If you want to minimize fat gains, then start a progressive lifting program.

I'm only up 8 pounds since my start, not 20 although I wish I was. But thank you.