Retired and finding time to eat!

Options
Hi there! I have always been a pretty healthy eater, but after I retired from teaching, I found that eating became a pass time. Before I had little leisure time and often was eating "on the fly", so to speak. I am definitely eating more and more often. I have become more aware of the reasons for this. Watching more tv I have noticed an increase in snacking, especially during the long cold winter. I have also been drinking more alcohol because I love a glass of wine with my food. I don't usually crave salty food, but I definitely have a "sweet tooth"! But the biggest realization I have had is that I have become depressed. Retirement is a big adjustment. It has left me feeling like I have no importance in the world. Now that I am not a teacher and my children are grown, I'm not really needed. We moved to a new town last summer and it's been a difficult adjustment for me. I just started to use this app again after about a year. It is helping me to become a more mindful eater. As I lose weight, I start to realize that I do have some control over my health. I don't want to go back to being crazy busy, but I do want to make good decisions when it comes to eating and taking charge of my health.

Replies

• txladybug41
    txladybug41 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi! We are sort of in the same boat. Some differences, but I understand what you are saying. Sending a friend request.
  • kayakerandbiker
    kayakerandbiker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you'd like to add me, please do. I'm retired and have more time to be active and prepare meals wisely. I enjoy hiking, kayaking and cycling (20-25 miles daily). I'm 64 and want to lose 20 lbs