This is Rather embarrassing

Options
Ok so I haven't really ever trained for size and strength ive in the past had always tried to lose weight but its been a while so now im going to be playing football for my high school and we go to the lifting room quite often and we bench 2x a week now here's my problem i have a Really weak bench i can only bench like 110 for 4-5 reps so this is really embarrassing to me i alway just make an excuse to the other guys like my chest is sore or something but now when its bench day i just pull up a Bench and do Dumbbell pressing because those are easier for me so what should i do keep doing other exercises to build up my chest and than go back to benching or just say forget it and be one of the weaker benchers in front of all the other guys Btw I weigh 164 pounds and am white 5'10 male.

Replies

• itsflaccoi
    itsflaccoi Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Longest. Sentence. Ever.

Happy you recognized the period at the end
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you being white has to do with any of this. Anyway if you have a really weak bench then you should be trying to slowly increase your weight on it. Part of lifting weights is progression. Also, for heavy lifting the main purpose shouldn't be tons of reps anyway. I'm sure other people reading can and will expand upon this, but the main point is unless you try to increase your max you're not going to get anywhere.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Try spark teens. http://www.sparkteens.com/
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Stop making excuses and proudly be who you are. We are all different and there is always going to be a stronger faster etc. Work on your strength and improve but you may excel in other areas. You may not see it but when you make an excuse others are making an eye roll. Just go out and give it your best, if they can't respect that you don't need them.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    What is the topic, that this guy can't bench very much? Lol, who cares.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Eat more and lift.

Not sure what being white has to do with it.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Bench more often and eat more. Are you on a set lifting program? Are you also working overhead press, dead lifts, and squats? You're at a time in your life where your body is primed to pack on muscle. No one was born strong. Accept where you are now but work hard to make sure you're not there in 30 days.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Someone who can quote Ginsburg. Be still my beating heart...

But to the OP, no one else cares what you can press. Start small and build slowly, and make sure you're eating enough protein to build the muscle you want. Even if you start with 5 pound weights and slowly increase reps and weight, you'll build and get stronger. Don't judge yourself by others, and don't stress about trying to keep up with the rest of the gang. Focus on your own improvement. :)
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Is OP even 18?
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Is OP even 18?

I sincerely doubt it...

Also OP says they're male but the picture is a woman.