I'm back once again like a renegade master!!!

Options
pmason79
pmason79 Posts: 93 Member
I say back but I haven't actually gone anywhere. I just fell off the MFP wagon big time, losing all focus on what I was eating and how I'd been moving. Its now time to get focused like a laser beam and smash through my goals. I've had a decent start to the year but I think if I had picked up MFP again sooner I would definitely be closer to achieving my goals, however, it is what it is and there is no use in dwelling on the past.

So as I start this journey I want to draw motivation from the small wins I've had so far and build on them which will hopefully create the momentum I need to be successful.

The 3 things I'm most proud of this year so far are...

● I haven't had a alcoholic drink since January 5th 2016
● I managed to drink only water and nothing else for 30 days
● I have been going to the gym 3 times a week every week since 25th January 2016

Its now onwards and upwards. I've definitely gained alot of strength from lifting but my diet has been truly appalling up until this week so I've gained a lot of fat as well. I've decided to go as clean as I can with the intention of losing 36.5kg.
So here I am again reaching out to the MFP community looking for but also offering support.

I know that this is a fantastic community with lots of help and support to offer and I want to be part of it. I'm going to stop rambling on now but would just like to say before I go that I wish everyone of you here every success in whatever it is that you aspire to achieve.

♡♡Lots of love and blessings ♡♡

Paul

P.s add me if you dare! and remember "Team work makes the dream work"

Replies

• kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    WB to the MFP wagon! WTG on the achievements, thus far!!

I'm trying to get back in the swing of things again myself. I've got my workouts going, it's logging all the food that seems to be a challenge. It's just tedious at times. Or, maybe I'm making excuses? Time will tell. :smile:

Anyway, looking for support and offering, too, if you want. :smile:
  • pmason79
    Options
    Hiya
    It would be an honour and a pleasure.

I know exactly what you mean about the food logging. At the moment I'm trying to plan my meals in advance as best I can and input them into MFP the night before then I just follow my plan and make any adjustments if needed. I'm gonna see how that goes for while.

All the best

And good luck

Bless x

• kelika71
    Options
    Thanks, but the pleasure is mine! :smile:

I started back in 2010 and was so diligent about everything I did. I'd lost over 100 lbs. I don't know if I just got lazy, over confident, new people in my life... But, I got way off track, gained too much back and now trying to get it all back.

I might have to steal your plan of logging in advance! I'm curious to see how it goes for you.

All the best to you, too!!
    Thank you! :smiley:
  • pmason79
    Options
    You don't have to steal it. Its yours for free lol

Wow 100 lbs lost that's amazing! If you've done it before the tracks are already laid you've just got to follow the same route and you'll be back at your destination in no time.

One of the things that's bringing the most positivity into my life at the moment is meditation. I'm finding it really helps me to deal with the tough times. Just a thought.

Bless x
  • allison4224
    allison4224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You sound very determined - I'm sure you will be successful. It seems like a difficult thing to me - to only drink water. So, I'm very impressed with that!
  • pmason79
    Options
    Hi
    It seems like a difficult thing to me - to only drink water. So, I'm very impressed with that!

Hiya

I thought the same as you when I started but it got easier as time went on and I felt fantastic. Only thing, you pee alot lol. But it was worth it.

Bless x
  • allison4224
    allison4224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, maybe I'll see if I can do it for 2 days and see how I feel. I barely drink 1 cup of plain water a day. That's probably not a good thing.
  • pmason79
    Options
    Try it, it definitely won't kill you lol
  • kelika71
    Options
    Thanks! Sorry, wasn't ignoring you, just got busy here. I know I can do it, but just getting frustrated with myself. I guess I'm more disappointed that I allowed this to happen.

You might have to teach me this meditation. I'm on medication now for anxiety and stress. I didn't realize how bad it was until this past winter. Anything to help, I'm all for!!

Yes, I must say, I'm impressed with the water thing, too. I love my coffee; hate water. Lol
  • pmason79
    Options
    Have you heard of mindfulness? It's a practice with roots in buddism. I believe it's actually being prescribed in some cases as an alternative to medication in the treat of anxiety and depression.

Obviously I'm not suggesting you stop taking your medication, but I would definitely say is worth looking into. I can't recommend it enough.

As for the water you really do get used to it after a while, it's the most natural thing to do if you think about it.

Bless x

• katanak9
    katanak9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Greetings! Welcome back to MFP. This is my first go with MFP, been on it about three weeks. Love it so far. Everyone is so lovely and supportive. Well done on your progress so far!
  • pmason79
    Options
    katanak9 wrote: »
    Greetings! Welcome back to MFP. This is my first go with MFP, been on it about three weeks. Love it so far. Everyone is so lovely and supportive. Well done on your progress so far!

Thank you x and welcome to you also. Sending lots of love and support.

Thanks for the add.

Good luck

Bless x