P90X shoulders and arms

Options
Jellyphant
Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
Does anyone do or have tried this specific workout? I'm determined to get my flabby arms to look better before my beach vacation to I can wear my pretty and SLEEVELESS summer dresses with ease!

My questions:
How long is it? What do you think of it? Will I need dumbbells? Did it give you the results you were expecting? If not, what do you recommend for me to use in the 6 weeks before going to the beach?

Thanks guys!!

Replies

• JustMichelleB
    Options
    I LOVE the strenghening workouts that go w/ P90X, including shoulders and arms.
    Yes, dumbells are a must. I started off with 5, and 8s. Now use 8s, 10s, 15s.
    You can also use resistance bands (one of the people on the video always uses these for demonstration).
    The workouts are around 50min long (ab ripper x is also on these dvd's, and adds ~15min).

My arms/shoulders/back are so much more toned than ever before! Highly recommend!!
  • 150is
    150is Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I follow p90x and the shoulders and arms is my favorite workout on there. I have very defined shoulders and arms. You will look great after 6 weeks!! good luck.
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    I LOVE the strenghening workouts that go w/ P90X, including shoulders and arms.
    Yes, dumbells are a must. I started off with 5, and 8s. Now use 8s, 10s, 15s.
    You can also use resistance bands (one of the people on the video always uses these for demonstration).
    The workouts are around 50min long (ab ripper x is also on these dvd's, and adds ~15min).

My arms/shoulders/back are so much more toned than ever before! Highly recommend!!
    Is there any floor work or is it just upright all the way?
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    There are 2 moves at the end involving floor work...

lying down tricep extensions
    "side tri raises"

I love this workout also!
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    There are 2 moves at the end involving floor work...

lying down tricep extensions
    "side tri raises"

I love this workout also!
    Thank you! Can't wait to get started now! :D