Anyone on Dukan Diet?

Woild love to have some friends on Dukan Diet..Because I am suffering to get along with it...

Replies

• ralostaz2000
    ralostaz2000 Posts: 135 Member
    synacious wrote: »
    If you have to suffer to lose weight, then it's not sustainable or right for you. Instead of the Dukan Diet, why not just try eating at a deficit using MFP's numbers?
    I tried Dukan and it was great for my IBS symptoms. ..I am no longer having any bloating or abdominal cramps but it was by coincidence. ...once I started it and I felt more comforrable..but after some time I am craving bread..rice and pasta alottt..so I was looking for some friends who follow Dukan and ask if I can have somee carbs ....I am now on calorie deficit diet but I am thinking about going back to Dukan

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Dukun = suffer. I slight calorie deficit is much easier. Come on, you can do this! Don't suffer!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    if you have IBS issues (like I do) it's really worth looking into all the research on FODMAPS....Monash Uni in Australia are the main researchers /http://med.monash.edu/cecs/gastro/fodmap/
  • leaxnne
    leaxnne Posts: 1 Member
    I did Dukan after putting on weight after a car accident, lost a stone in 10 days. Wouldn't do it again, I had dizzy spells and light headiness. This time I'm doing it through gym and calorie counting.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited May 2016
    Woild love to have some friends on Dukan Diet..Because I am suffering to get along with it...
    I tried Dukan and it was great for my IBS symptoms. ..I am no longer having any bloating or abdominal cramps but it was by coincidence. I am now on calorie deficit diet but I am thinking about going back to Dukan

ru8iuu968s9f.gif

• suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Wasn't ducan struck off the medical register?
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    I saw the Dukan diet book at the thrift store yesterday, along with a few other crash diet books. Funny how I can't find useful books like You Are Your Own Gym at second hand shops.
  • ralostaz2000
    leaxnne wrote: »
    I did Dukan after putting on weight after a car accident, lost a stone in 10 days. Wouldn't do it again, I had dizzy spells and light headiness. This time I'm doing it through gym and calorie counting.
    Isn't losing a stone with 10 days a great thing and a marvelous feeling?
    Does it worth and get of these extra pounds so quickly?
  • ralostaz2000
    I'll stick to calorie counting then...slow and steady as they say...
    wanna eat more bread and rice o:)

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    No.

I didn't do a specific diet, but I ate very little for too long. I lost a lot of hair, my period, more muscle mass than i would like, and felt like crap so damn often. I'm currently trying to lose a pound a week and hate thinking about my loss prior. I'd gladly take things slowly if I could go back in time.

• ralostaz2000
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    No.

I didn't do a specific diet, but I ate very little for too long. I lost a lot of hair, my period, more muscle mass than i would like, and felt like crap so damn often. I'm currently trying to lose a pound a week and hate thinking about my loss prior. I'd gladly take things slowly if I could go back in time.

[/quote
    You r right if this was the case...losing weight on the expense of other beautiful things doesn't worth it at all.
    Good luck
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,

MyFitnessPal Moderator

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.