Do I look fat / like I need to lose 15 more Ibs?

Options
2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    It's really up to you what YOU do with YOUR body. Neither a boyfriend nor a bunch of strangers on an internet forum really need to validate your decisions.

Why would you post this (professional looking photos) here as your first post(s)?
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I think you worry too much about what other people are thinking about you. As amused monkey says, you're in the middle of the healthy BMI range.
  • makingamiracle
    makingamiracle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell with all the clothes. Post pics in something revealing so that we can make a better assessment.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    ...tiptoes away...

Sad thread is sad.
  • ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hard to say since you've covered your belly hips and thighs with a loose fitting skirt. Regardless, if you've always wanted to lose weight then go ahead. You don't look like someone who NEEDS to lose weight for health reasons, but you're not scrawny either so you have some room to play with based on YOUR preference.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So you'll believe my word over your boyfriend? LOL...I'm guessing by the pose and by the look of confidence, that you're really big on compliments. No, you don't look fat. But you could work on building some muscle if you're really worried about how you look, which I don't think to be the case. Good luck!

Ooo..and I'm 5'2, 120...and still don't look "thin"
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    OP I'm 5'4" and you have a very similar body shape to me. You look good. We carry fat in our legs/lower body. If you want to lean out a little, you can. If you're happy, stay were you are. It's a pretty look but not lean enough for me personally.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    OP I'm 5'4" and you have a very similar body shape to me. You look good. We carry fat in our legs/lower body. If you want to lean out a little, you can. If you're happy, stay were you are. It's a pretty look but not lean enough for me personally.

Agreed. I'm 5'4" and carry weight in my lower body too. I feel best between 115-120.

OP, since you say you're not fishing for compliments I have to assume you're looking for confirmation that your opinion is correct, but it doesn't matter what strangers online think. Your body is yours and you should do whatever makes you feel best.
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5" and 117 lbs. Most people thought I looked great at 130. I thought I'd look better if I lost some more and I was right. As the Hodgetwins say "Do whatever the f*** you wanna do!"
  • 2strive4fitness
    2strive4fitness Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think you look perfect. You look healthy.
  • bubble_wrap0428
    bubble_wrap0428 Posts: 88 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You could use some muscle definition I would say! Everyone could use that though. Don't validate yourself with the opinions of others, I'd say you need to work on that first.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    It's all a matter of preference. What do YOU think? Personally I would never ask people if I need to lose weight..I'm 5'1" and as of this morning 123...if anyone told me to lose more weight they can get bent.

You look great..it just depends on what look you are trying to achieve..so again, personal preference.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Do you exercise?
    You could use some muscle definition I would say!

That's what I was thinking. Climbing stairs, cycling and/or going on long brisk hilly walks probably wouldn't go astray.

Plus a bit of upper body weight lifting as well.

• tinywonder25
    tinywonder25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    No you don't look fat. I think another 15 lbs would probably make you look more "fit" as opposed to just regular healthy. If you feel up to it. Go for it!