Any other grocery store staff who sneakily look at the calorie info on things people buy?

Options
I'm so so guilty if it's something I'm interested in trying. Saves me the disappointment later :P

Replies

• cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I've had many cashiers at the grocery store ask me about certain items I purchase. Go ahead and ask the customer what they like about the product, how they fix it, etc... :)
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    At the store I work at, the first thing all of us clerks do when we get in a new product is look at the nutrition label and ingredients list. Then we determine whether or not it's healthy, and THEN we think about whether it looks tasty or not. :D
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I hope you don't do it while the customer is checking out. Do it on your own time.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm a cashier. I have to fiddle with things to turn the barcodes the right way, and when I tetris everything onto my back conveyor belts to make it all fit nicely, so I'm pretty sneaky about it (customers pack their own groceries at my store).

It's not even that I care what THEY eat, I'm creepin' on all the stuff I want to shove in my own face on break.
  • tamaraworrall
    tamaraworrall Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yeah me,I work on checkouts and especially if it's something new
  • teddileah
    teddileah Posts: 5 Member
    Options