What is the most embarrassing thing you've done at the gym?

Options

Replies

• lizzelspark
    lizzelspark Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    One time I was laying on the ground at the gym holding on to a bench press bench doing dragon fly exercise and my hair got stuck under the leg of the bench press me felt to stupid to ask for help
  • cocohenderson
    cocohenderson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Years ago, I closed my eyes once while on an "inline skating" machine and fell down. No one came to help, everyone just looked at me. Good times!
  • beautifulsparkles
    beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Got the giggles and spit up water all over myself, my trainer and the equipment. Opps!
  • crawfzilla
    crawfzilla Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I also walked right into someone as I was starring at this sexy trainer eating a banana.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Was on treadmill. Hubs called about something important and got cut off. I was scrambling with phone, treadmill, and getting off of it when he called again. I completely lost my balanced and it threw me off, directly into the wall beside it.

Call him back quickly only to find he didn't even mean to call me!!! He butt dialed me. Well, 9 - 12 weeks nursing a sprained ankle for that...
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I usually pin myself under a barbell once every 6 months or so.

Best was when I failed on incline barbell and had to lift the weight off myself while it rested on my junk. Talk about a painful experience, it was bad enough that I had the pain from the bar resting in that position, but then I had to stand up with that weight from the seated incline position, to this day I don't know how I didnt herniate a disc or get a sports hernia.

The other day I had a failure with dumbells on incline. It was so extreme that once I completed the positive part of the rep, the dumbell in my left hand came barreling towards my face and I had to shift my weight to avoid getting hit in the head, like I temporarily lost function in my arm. It was pretty nuts, I would have been in serious trouble if that thing would have landed on me
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Did a set of Kneeling Cable Crunches - and then leaned forward [while still kneeling] to use the pin to add a weight, pulled something the wrong way and disconnected all the weights and the bar came down on my head.
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Haven't done anything top bad thankfully. Got the giggles also and had to walk out to calm down..got caught checking a guy out
    My biggest fear is falling off the treadmill. I saw someone do it once. Funniest thing ever!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I had a HUGE allergic reaction to one of the machines, Something someone wore or the cleaning stuff.

I like almost died and got all rashy and my throat closed. Last thing i remember before passing out was a large group of crazy hot guys standing around me all fat girl half dead on the floor. My god >.<

Atleast when i woke up again i was safely in a hospital bed.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I emptied the bar from one side and all weights fell off on the other side and I broke a mirror.
  • dwolfe1985
    dwolfe1985 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have Split my pants doing Squats started off as a little tear and by the last set they were practically in two (tore down the seam at the groin) got a few funny looks but just laughed it off and continued with my workout. Took plates off the bar on one side before the other and CRASH! gym manager comes running to inspect the damage lol.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    dwolfe1985 wrote: »
    I have Split my pants doing Squats started off as a little tear and by the last set they were practically in two (tore down the seam at the groin) got a few funny looks but just laughed it off and continued with my workout. Took plates off the bar on one side before the other and CRASH! gym manager comes running to inspect the damage lol.

:D
  • hoffmann2828
    hoffmann2828 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I swear at least once per workout on the treadmill, I get a little too crazy listening to my music and "dancing". I always manage to hit the earbuds cord and my phone falls, rides the belt of the treadmill and goes flying off. I have to stop it and go retrieve my phone. Every. Workout. :s
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    put the stair-master on to high of a speed and had to balance myself in kind of a chest dip position while trying to press STOP without having the stair-master fling me off.

then of course the old movin the weight off the bottom rack and don't realize theres something above you then BOOM...saw some birds for a few moments before the next set lol.

and this one was 50& embarrassing and 50% whatever ; finished HIIT and for some reason had a massive hard-on and didn't notice till one of the older ladies said something shyly LOL awkward...
  • pfreeme
    pfreeme Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was teaching a step class and realised my leotard was on back to front (many years ago)

Lol done that!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    dbkyser wrote: »
    A few years ago instead of doing the elliptical I saw a cute girl on the stair stepper, there was another one beside her that was slightly back meaning I could see her yoga pants clearly. Well I had never done the stair stepper was not in the best shape and looked like a total idiot trying to keep up because I didn't have enough...

I don't know why I'm shocked, but, guys are really this creepy??
  • SportyChick07
    SportyChick07 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    While running on the treadmill, I misjudge my step and the next thing I knew I was on the floor. ☺