Lower back muscle

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
Having lost a fair amount of fat, I can now feel my hip bones and coccyx at the back, and am finding it quite painful doing things like sit ups as my bones dig into the floor. I don't think I have any muscle there, there just seems to be a tiny bit of fat, then straight to bone. Is there any exercise I can do to give myself a bit more padding in that area? It is only in the last month or so it's got painful as I've lost the podge.

I do that one where you lie on your front and raise your upper body, but that doesn't seem to help.

Replies

• spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You gotta do some weight exercises to build that muscle up, the best one being deadlifts.

If you're afraid to do movements like that then you can do the back extention machine.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Are you lying on an exercise mat?
  • ThaCookieMonster
    ThaCookieMonster Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    make sure you either get a yoga mat!!

And try going on youtube and searching for lower back/ but work outs!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I would say deadlifts are best for the lower back :-)

In the meantime, you'll need a decent exercise mat that provides some extra comfort while you're doing sit ups etc
  • akunce
    akunce Posts: 29
    Options
    Try reverse crunches! I have a bad back due to surgeries and have learned to adjust exercises!
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yep......deadlifts. :flowerforyou:
  • fteale
    Options
    Are you lying on an exercise mat?

Yes, we use foam yoga mats in the classes I do. It still hurts!
  • fteale
    Options
    I don't have gym membership, are there any exercises I can do with hand weights? I have 2 6.6lb ones. My husband gave away his weights bench so I don't have heavy weights around any more!