So i just finished 63 days insanity, not fully please with results. need encouragement (see pics)

Options
Chardog83
Chardog83 Posts: 11 Member
edited May 2016 in Motivation and Support
So today is day 63/63 Insanity. Little background: i am 6'1", 33y/o, started around 175 pounds, now i am 168 (fasting). I have always been skinny with the exception of my pooch, so any weight at all is hard for me to lose. I didn't miss one day of insanity and didn't take breaks, and really pushed myself. I had really hoped I would have lost my entire belly by now (my main reason for starting insanity in first place) and had more defined abs. Should i do another round? or start bulking up and weightlifting to lose the belly? my diet has been fairly clean (you can see my full diet on my profile, i made it public). but to sum it up, i eat around 1900-2200 cals/day, mostly vegetables, protein shakes, fajitas, skim chocolate milk, peanut butter powder, more vegetables and shakes! I am a little discouraged.

**************************************************BEFORE:**************************************************

9lxqbisr1gwf.jpg
ess10qc0p6h3.jpg
uoofw3ob4o91.jpg
7vply96pim4u.jpg

**************************************************AFTER:**************************************************

1fz90e7jot02.jpg
ppyi6w1dsj2k.jpg
1gtg3zb0s6xd.jpg
vqwa8bztqz78.jpg
6zf6gvlnpzbb.jpg
bjjp7bszzimf.jpg

Replies

• kane413
    kane413 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would cut back to about 1300-1400 and take in more quality proteins than carbs and only good fats such as in avocados, salmon, nuts, etc...
  • kane413
    kane413 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    And definitely stay away from sugary drinks like lattes, iced coffees, soda, etc... Try some good quality green tea with lemon a few times a day and that should help out.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are a healthy weight for your height. I would not drop your calories drastically. Particularly you don't want to go below the 1500 recommended minimum for men.
    I think you have made good progress and should just keep doing what you are doing if it is sustainable for you.
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Pick up some weights
  • Krismarie247
    Krismarie247 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We are our own worst critic...
    There is quite a difference in your physique; you've definitely lost some inches. Perhaps start taking measurements before your next round to help you notice the changes.

I think you did an awesome job so far, keep it up!

...oh, and NO, do not drop your calories to 1300-1400. That just doesn't make sense.

^This. You're doing a great job! And like Nikki said, noticeable change, keep it up...
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I see a change and think you've done well! I would add in more protein as suggested, but I'd not cut any calories instead I'd increase the weights you're lifting. Insanity is cardio right? I say start heavy lifting... check out BB's Body Beast as an example if you wanted to stick with that company. (No I'm not a coach of theirs, lol).
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Lift more weights
  • Chardog83
    Chardog83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lift more weights

I believe I'll be starting body beast next. Thanks for everybody's input!
  • sweetvalor
    sweetvalor Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look great Insanity. Beast is a good one too. I'm on week 3 of Insanity
  • shanna_wainwright
    shanna_wainwright Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Why not switch it up and add some yoga or Pilates to really strengthen and pull in your core muscles?
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I see a change for sure! You're making good progress...63 days sounds like a long time - and it's a good start to a healthier lifestyle for sure - but it's "only" two months. Keep at this and imagine how you'll feel and look at 6 months!!! Keep up the awesome work!!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Don't cut calories more. That's silly. Get in the gym and lift some weights. Insanity won't do much for body composition.
  • Evelinejedwab
    Evelinejedwab Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Why not do liposuction and than follow a sensible regime to keep your sixpack instead of putting yourself thru hell and never be satisfied with the results.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Chardog83 wrote: »
    Lift more weights

I believe I'll be starting body beast next. Thanks for everybody's input!

Impressive results for 2 months! Don't be discouraged! You don't need to lose weight. I think starting a heavier lifting program and time will get you the results you want. Keep taking pictures so that you can see how your body is changing over time!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Why not do liposuction and than follow a sensible regime to keep your sixpack instead of putting yourself thru hell and never be satisfied with the results.

Say what? Lol
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    P90X perhaps? My brother did it and saw fantastic results. He also didn't drop a lot of weight but he toned and went from a round belly to abs.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

What? X 2
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You look good! Big difference!