New to Keto

Options
eimsy7
eimsy7 Posts: 1 Member
Hi guys, just started doing the ketogenic diet on the 30th of April and in the first 2 weeks I'm already down 17lbs... Does this kind of weight loss happen for everybody?

I just find the whole diet to good to be true as I'm still eating foods I love, I'm eating more and losing a crazy amount of weight!!

Replies

• Tempest07
    Tempest07 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Keto you'll shred a lot in the beginning. Losing all the carb bloating and a lot of excess water. It won't be that dramatic the whole time. But you'll have good results with Keto. :)

Brian
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/3HWMYN
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It will slow down but as long as you are in a deficit you will lose weight. Awesome weight loss so far!
  • Gozira99
    Gozira99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Keto is great for losing weight, but when you come out of it you need to really watch your intake. It does go back on very quickly too. Your results are very good and above average but take advantage of it!!!
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Question can somebody explain to me the difference between low carb and Keto diets?
  • Gozira99
    Gozira99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A Keto diet is a low carb diet, suppose to be a no carb diet, that forces your body to burn fat instead of carbs. You are suppose to have a decent amount of fat intake in a Keto diet also, and not so much protein. Most low carb diets require a high intake of protein. Mainly to rebuild and maintain the body.
  • emamiz
    emamiz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    eimsy7 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just started doing the ketogenic diet on the 30th of April and in the first 2 weeks I'm already down 17lbs... Does this kind of weight loss happen for everybody?

I just find the whole diet to good to be true as I'm still eating foods I love, I'm eating more and losing a crazy amount of weight!!

I bet a vegan wouldn't be saying that lol
  • youhavetoyouhaveto
    youhavetoyouhaveto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi, its great that you are losing the weight, good job

• vickikwhisler
    vickikwhisler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @eimsy7 Yay! I just started Keto today. I hope I'm reporting back here in two weeks with results even half as good as yours!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yup, it can be pretty dramatic at first as you lose a lot of water weight. It's not fat loss unfortunately (well some of it is I'm sure if you were in a deficit). How many cals are you eating?
  • chrisbyradio
    chrisbyradio Posts: 13 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    emamiz wrote: »

I went Vegan back about 6 years ago and had comparable results and didn't feel I was missing out on any foods. Low carb diets just make you go into starvation mode in the body producing ketones instead of glucose for your brain to function. I no longer do vegan but I think variety is where you find the best nutrients for your body.
  • Fitlondongirlu
    Fitlondongirlu Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's the best thing you'll ever do
  • Fitlondongirlu
    Options

I went Vegan back about 6 years ago and had comparable results and didn't feel I was missing out on any foods. Low carb diets just make you go into starvation mode in the body producing ketones instead of glucose for your brain to function. I no longer do vegan but I think variety is where you find the best nutrients for your body.

I went vegan for a year and because extremely unwell despite eating enough for nutrients and tracking on here. Everyone's body is different and no one thing works for everyone
  • Fitlondongirlu
    Options

I went vegan for a year and became extremely unwell despite eating enough for nutrients and tracking on here. Everyone's body is different and no one thing works for everyone

• Fitlondongirlu
    Options
    Then once you've lost enough through keto...just go low carb instead :)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    OP, et al, suggest you also check out the main low carber forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group