Strength or Cardio?? Help

Options
So if I did 40 minutes of a strength/conditioning class and I'm sweating my *kitten* off and my heart is thumping out of my chest how am I supposed to log that? Do I get to log that under cardio so I get some calories to eat or is it strictly under strength. I'm so confused.

Replies

• jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    There's a strength training option under cardio exercises
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Log it under cardio.

The "Strength:" section is for logging machines and weights, reps, sets etc, not calories.
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I log it under cardio, you really need to eat more when you train with weights and the strength training section doesn't do anything but keep track of what you lift
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    *bump*
  • kgshaq
    kgshaq Posts: 5
    Options
    if your doing cardio with strength training i mark it as circuit training..
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    You need to get a HRM.....best peice of fitness equipment ever. Then you can record any workout no matter what it is.
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    There is a strength training and weight training under cardio. Go to weight training and enter what you did then go up to cardio and click strenght training. But a HRM is great. I Love Mine.
  • captainfez
    captainfez Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the HRM. I got a Polar FT80 on eBay for cheap the other week and it's made it easier to track my efforts.

They're not perfect - I understand certain models are conservative, or track weight-based work oddly, but I've found it really helps. Certain models let you upload the info directly to a training website (not this one - a watch-specific one) so you can see what your heartrate is doing at each point of the work-out. Mine can (eventually) be used with a footpod or GPS unit to track pace and distance when I'm in shape enough to do road running.

You can set workouts based on fitness tests, etc, and make the watch tell you when you should be working harder, etc. I find it pretty motivational. If I do well, the watch gives me a trophy - which is a bit sad, but hey, at least my watch thinks I'm cool.