6 meals a day!?

Options
Has anybody ever tried having 6 mini meals a day? I've heard people talk about it and I am a grazer but I was wondering if anyones had any success from it?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    If you are a grazer then it sounds like the perfect thing for you. CICO
  • hhazzouri
    hhazzouri Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It's a matter of personal preference nothing more.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Calories in vs. calories out = weight loss. The number of meals, the timing of meals won't matter. Just do what works for your schedule, the thing that helps you stay full longer, and the thing that keeps you on track.

This.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Calories in vs. calories out = weight loss. The number of meals, the timing of meals won't matter. Just do what works for your schedule, the thing that helps you stay full longer, and the thing that keeps you on track.

+1

5-6 meals/day works for me because I don't like being either full or hungry so this is what makes me feel the best. It does take some planning, though, to make sure you have food with you and you plan around workouts, etc for the best performance.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    That's a lot of meals, 6 meals. What is the advantage you're looking for with 6 meals?
  • treegirl97
    treegirl97 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have 3 meals and 2 snacks during the day. I like it since I hate feeling hungry and when at work, snacking a lot has become a habit so now I keep up my snacking. I've just replaced the junk for more nutritious options.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I dislike that way of eating and more meals tends to make me less satisfied/tempted to eat more, but it's individual, so see if you like it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    Different people find different eating routines satiating and useful. It's a very individual thing. Why not experiment? Try it for a few days. If it makes you feel more energetic, more satisfied, or seems more sustainable, stick with it.
  • cmtristani
    cmtristani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »

+1

5-6 meals/day works for me because I don't like being either full or hungry so this is what makes me feel the best. It does take some planning, though, to make sure you have food with you and you plan around workouts, etc for the best performance.

This exactly, for me. Have to plan ahead, but I prefer it to large meals. No advantage one way over the other that I can tell, just personal preference. I have a desk job, and eating small amounts often makes me get up and move around frequently, too, because I have to go to the break room.

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Grazer here. Works for me, not for everybody.

My actual frequency is often even more than that, though I log it in 6 entries.

My mid-morning entry is usually a protein bar and a string cheese, sometime almonds or dates, but I don't usually eat them all together; it is spaced out. Same thing in the afternoon, coffee and whey protein shake ATM, but I don't have them together..could be 2 hours between.

Big meals just make me want to take a nap.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Totally a personal preference. Tried grazing but totally unsatisified. I continue with wanting to munch and end up going for quick things in the fridg or cabinets which are not always best to meet my calories.

I need a good size meal with ample protein to tide me over to the next one.

Yep got to try and see which one works best for you.. I am def a two or three bigger meals person.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary if you'd like. I do about 5 meals plus dessert.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    No breakfast, smallish lunch and a decent dinner are the way that I go. And, I don't snack :)
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Yeh I have 5 or 6 meals a day, I don't like feeling too full and if I'm hungry in between meals I like to be able to have a snack if I want to.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    @soccerkon26 tried looking at your diary, it's not open
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    If I go more the two/three hours without food I get hangry. So I usually have three meals (400-600 cals each) and two snacks (150-250 cals each). And sometimes I eat half my lunch, then an hour or so later eat the other half.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    @soccerkon26 tried looking at your diary, it's not open

Sorry! It should work now :)