How to quit Planet Fitness..??

Options
MSH2930
MSH2930 Posts: 161 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
When I first joined PF, the first few months were great. The gym was still brand-new to our area, so it was never busy. That was Sept-Oct-Nov-Dec of last year. Then come January, they got busy. Crazy-busy. The parking lot is usually so filled that I have to wait for someone to leave, and I am just one that is not comfortable with people right next to me on the treadmill hacking all over the place for whatever reason (how am I to know they are or are not sick..?)--which surprisingly happens way more than you think. The locker room is always even busy. I am just not comfortable with a place being that busy (read: anxiety).

And then there is the dress code. I know it seems silly, but I really wish I could wear sandals when I am on the treadmill, or other 'no-no' clothing. I am not in the weight room area, so I do not understand. But that is their rules.

And for the love of God they play the same 10 songs over and over. When I go there almost daily for 2 hours at a time, it is like hearing the same CD over and over 3 or 4X a day!! Blah...(I do not like to wear ear plugs)

Yes I know the bulk of my issues are my own personal issues, but there are what they are.

What do I need to do to quit Planet Fitness..?
I am sure the manager (whom I kind of get along with well) will want to know why, and I just prefer not to say, so if I (very likely) quit, what is a good thing to say that she will not 'pry' to find out why..?

Thanks so much!! :)

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    - Financial hardship that u care not to elaborate on?
    - Sick family member?
    - Or you are moving
    good luck!
  • MSH2930
    Options
    Also, many of the workers there are not very helpful and a couple of them are even downright rude, and I feel some of them even laugh at me because I am a big girl (they are all very young and I am 45 years old). So much for the 'judgement free zone'!! Yeah I could 'complain' about that, but what good will it do..? They see the gym busy, so they are not going to care about one 'complaint'..
  • MSH2930
    Options
    Thanks. I walk on the treadmill, I do not run. But I see your point.

It is just not for me, but thanks for your input, it is appreciated and respected!! :)
    Again, it is just not for me. :)
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    God, this puts into stark relief why I will never do the gym thing.
  • MSH2930
    Options
    Thanks. I walk on the treadmill, I do not run. But I see your point.

It is just not for me, but thanks for your input, it is appreciated and respected!! :)
    Again, it is just not for me. :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You have to look at the contract you signed when you joined. My son belonged 10 yrs ago and if I remember you have to give quite a bit of notice--it's not easy to quit, as I remember.
  • MSH2930
    Options
    Sorry for the multiple posts. :/
  • MSH2930
    Options
    1. Grunt loudly as you exercise.
    2. Walk in with a gallon water jug.
    3. Continue to wear forbidden clothing like tank tops.
    4. Pretty much act like a "bro" and your membership will be terminated.

LOLOL..:D too funny.. ;)
  • MSH2930
    Options
    BeckyD1105 wrote: »
    Go to the desk and say you want to quit. There's a one page form to fill out and sign. Takes less than 2 minutes.

Thanks!! Sure hope so!!

Again, I liked it but I think the main thing is it is just too busy for my comfort zone.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I hear you about people hacking on the treadmill next to you, sadly. Personal pet peeve.
  • MSH2930
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Why not just tell the manager that the gym is much more crowded than when you started and you hate how they repeat the same CD?

You could also solve your two main issues:

1. Go at a less busy time. I go to my gym the hour before close and pretty much have the place to myself.

2. Re the earbuds - there are many different types, as well as headphones that don't go into your ears. You can also tell the staff that the CD is repeating and ask them to change it. Or tell the manager the repeating CD annoys you and ask if you can bring your own CDs in.

Great ideas!! Definitely would do that..but I kind of just want to quit the gym.. I do better working out at home and walking around my neighborhood, parks, etc..

As for 'less busy times' literally I tried, and the only 'less busy times' are after midnight or like 5-6am. Family obligations kind of don't make that possible.

But definitely great ideas you have there!! ;)

LOLOL @ the Friends video posted above.. :D:D:D
  • MSH2930
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I hear you about people hacking on the treadmill next to you, sadly. Personal pet peeve.

Thanks. I had mono years ago and I get sick really easily now, so I have to be careful.
  • MSH2930
    Options
    Also people 'jump' on the beds (massage beds, tanning beds..) without signing up for them... Had it happen more than once. Told the front desk about it and the kid pretty much shrugged it off...