I just turned 40 and I have over a 100 pounds to lose

Options
zilliegirl
zilliegirl Posts: 52 Member
I have struggled with my weight my whole life..I want a lifestyle change I want to be happy and comfortable in my own skin again. I have lost my self confidence and self esteem. .I'm ready to fight for it back ..I need friends that will help me reach my goals.

Replies

• loving1me
    loving1me Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 and have 40 lbs left on a 180lb goal I want to be 180lbs it's tuff but with hard work and will power you can do it
  • zilliegirl
    Options
    Thanks I'm just really struggling
  • demski10
    demski10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it.
  • loving1me
    Options
    I have a weekly reward system I work out 5 days a week while my husband is at work 1 he a day plus running after two toddlers if I do all five days then I get to veg with hubby all weekend I also let myself have some unhealthy snacks on the workout days in small portions it helps with cravings just remember do the toning and use whieghts things will sag and you will have trouble getting them back were they were
  • loving1me
    Options
    I've always been big but when I was pregnant with my first baby I ate all the time and was 350lbs
  • zilliegirl
    Options
    How do I add friends
  • loving1me
    Options
    I don't really know when I try my phone wants me to have the app and it slows my phone down
  • eva40mfp
    eva40mfp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Zillliegirl

I am in a similar position, l have just joined mfp l am 266lbs and plan on losing 119.

I have 2 children a 4 year old and a 6 month old. I really really need to do this and maybe we could offer each other some support seeing as we have a similar amount to loss.

Here's to the long good fight.
  • paulasherwood6
    paulasherwood6 Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's one day at a time :) feel free to add me for support if you would like .
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi Zilliegirl. You can do it. My goals is to lose 102 pounds and I am half way there in 6 1/2 months. To add someone just click on there avatar picture or user name on the left. You will get a popup. Click on their picture or name again to go to their profile and then click on Add Friend.
  • ginger0376
    ginger0376 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 too and have been struggling with weight loss for as long as I can remember. I have 50 to 75 pounds to lose. Now I'm back on MFP and I am back at the gym, and this time I am also seeing a personal trainer. I have a long road ahead of me, but I gotta start somewhere, right? I'll add you. :)
  • mhba92
    mhba92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started last week at 337, slowly working changing my habits. Take it one day at the time, give yourself some treats once in a while, don't completely cut things out or you'll end up binging or quitting. We're all here to stick together :).
  • pcsd203
    pcsd203 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    45....wanting to lose a total of 90. I started last May, lost 30, then just crapped out for a long time, but didn't gain it back thankfully, started again in April and down 13.....so total of 43 so far. We can do it!!! I haven't figured the adding friend thing yet, but will try Eddie's instructions.
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You have to find a way to be accountable for what you eat, and then ensure you consume fewer calories than you burn. There are as many ways to go about this as there are people, but it boils down to that requirement.

Most people weigh solid foods with a digital food scale, and measure liquids with cups or food scales. MFP is a tool that helps you log your foods, but you have to learn the limits of the database and how to pick the right entries that actually reflect what you want to put in. There's a learning curve here, and most people who are new to MFP make the mistake of thinking that all entries are correct. Far from it, but you'll get the hang of it should you continue to use MFP to be accountable for what you eat.
  • lindak281
    lindak281 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too.
    Im 43 ✌