Your most intense pain ever?

Options

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Last year, I had an awful TMJ flare up throughout most of the summer.

It's a sharp, stabbing pain from the end of my jaw to my inner ear. It would wake me up every night, one night was so bad, I stayed up for a couple of hours desperately trying to do anything to make it stop.

currently happening to me mmine feels like i just have a massive vice on my skull wanting to kill me
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It's a tie between...

(1) dislocated my shoulder in a lacrosse game. Popped it back in and kept playing...but so much pain for so many weeks.

(2) sun poisoning on vacation. Not so bad, but the blisters were on my shoulder and every day at lacrosse practice, my bra strap would dig into the blisters, opening them up and causing excruciating pain. My coach started wrapping my shoulder to reduce the pain, but every time we removed the wrap, it would remove all my skin with it. So I traded a couple hours of pain a day for a few seconds every day for about 3 months. I also lost all the skin pigmentation on my shoulder for about 5 years. Didn't wear sleeveless shirts for a long time.
  • Arwen1218
    Arwen1218 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    My second c-section. I could feel the knife go across my belly and then it felt like my whole mid-section was on fire. I was in tears and kept telling them it hurt so bad. As soon as the baby was out they pumped something into my iv that knocked me out.

I'm pretty sure they miscalculated something when administering my epidural. I've had 3 c-sections and that was the only one that hurt.

I had the same thing happen to me with my first c section. I could feel the knife and the burn of the cutting. I was in so much pain that I puked all over myself and passed out. I woke up a few hours later in my recovery room with my new baby
  • nahmm83
    nahmm83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been told I have a high tolerance for pain.....one natural birth (no meds) and 4 c-sections later and I think it's no big deal. Does not faze me one bit. Dislocated shoulder, torn ligaments on both ankles, scratched cornea with corner of dresser, broken tailbone, and ear surgery....all were tolerable. However, my kidney infection that had me in the hospital for 7 days with 104 fever is right up there with a toothache and an ear ache.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    My tonsils were removed my junior year in high school. 2 weeks no school. It was awful. Found out pain pills don't do anything for me.
    My back went out once. It had been hurting for 2 months but then one day I kneed down to clean something and there it went. I ended up curled on the ground crying trying to finish work so I could go home.
    I can't say which was worse but out of a popped knee, broken bone and two hands full of gravel being cleaned with a knife and twizzers those two are the worst.
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Got hit by a dirtbike when I was 6, was about an hr away from gangrene. Couldnt have a graft surgery then because I was too young. Had to redress/bandage my leg every day for 2 years until I had grown enough to be able to have a successful skin graft. I don't want to try to explain what it was like because it would be useless.

Fun times :)
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Wrist fracture surgery repair. The initial break didn't hurt hardly at all, until the next morning when I woke up. That still wasn't as bad as the pain was when I had to change the bandage after surgery for the first time. Still I think it was manageable, but by far the worst for me.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Most recently I've injured my shoulder and neck and it's impinging my optical nerve. Think white hot stabbing dagger directly through one eye and sending the most intense pain I have ever felt through my face and head. And for context, I had a 9lb 3oz baby with no pain relief. Now every time I do anything high impact I get the same pain and it takes weeks to resolve every time I flare it. Fun.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    Ruptured a disk in my back. Close to deploying and was scared I'd get medically discharged and lose my daughters insurance coverage. Felt like I was stabbing me with a knife 24hrs a day. Stopped sleeping, but somehow kept working out/running. Thought about killing myself every minute of every day, figured I would get myself killed once deployed just to get some relief. Right before leaving I could hardly walk and had to go see a doc that told me no way in hell I was deploying. I broke down in tears, because I let my squad down and my kids. Got surgery and 8 months later was gtg!
  • rabblescum
    rabblescum Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Having three teeth pulled without without being numbed. Close second dual kidney stones.
  • caammph
    caammph Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Multi-disc herniation. By far, worse than gallstones and unmedicated childbirth.
  • NovaDuck
    NovaDuck Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I had a gangrenous twisted ligament in my groin in my mid-teens. It flared up a day after doing some sit-ups in PE class. Couldn't walk without pain but had to to get to a doctor who decided to poke and prod it.

Surgeons tried to push it back in thinking it was a hernia. Didn't know it was the ligament until they took the thing out. Probably my most painful experience ever... so far.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Both motorcycle related....

Car pulled out on me and I almost managed to swerve past his from bumper (US=fender) - took full impact on my knee, ruptured posterior cruciate ligament and bucket-handle tear of lateral meniscus. Ligament snapping is apparently one of "the big three" pain episodes. Felt like it.

First time racing rode my evil handling bike straight into the Armco barrier at about 80mph, bent the steel handlebars with my knees, crushed the fuel tank with my "gentleman's vegetables". Came round minus my crash helmet with head, knees and nuts competing for first place in the pain stakes.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    I've had the popped knee multiple times, it's great compared to a kidney stone.
    nitroalley wrote: »
    First kidney stone. You could have cut me open with a rusty knife.

Ain't that the truth! I've had 'em 4 times now, and the first... I simply can't describe it. I tore my ACL and meniscus, I've suffered migraines... nothing like kidney stones. My wife, who gave birth 4 times (including one C-section) had kidney stones. She said, in her opinion, the pain was worse than childbirth.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I had a basketball sized tumor removed from my abdomen. Since they wanted to get a good look all surrounding organs to be sure the cancer didn't spread, they sliced me up the middle past my belly button. Waking up from that surgery was the worst pain ever. They had me on morphine which didn't even come close to touching the pain. I mean...even with morphine, it was still a 10. I just remember sobbing and not being able to sleep for my entire hospital stay. I don't know why it hurt so bad, I mean people have abdominal surgery all the time. Because of that experience, when my second son was breech I was terrified of being given a cesarean. I ended up giving birth in a hospital that specialized in naturally delivering breech births. It worked.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I have chronic pain from crohn's and almost always in pain. It is excruciating when I am in a flare. I also broke my leg in three places which wasn't fun and have had lots of overuse injuries and achilles tendonitis.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I've had three c sections.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Kidney stone
  • wfh1902
    wfh1902 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dental pain, had 7 abcesses under a molar, even breathing hurt.