What is the most embarrassing thing you've done at the gym?

Options
1235»

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Attempting to bench more weight than I could push back up and having to call out for someone to help.
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I usually pin myself under a barbell once every 6 months or so.

Best was when I failed on incline barbell and had to lift the weight off myself while it rested on my junk. Talk about a painful experience, it was bad enough that I had the pain from the bar resting in that position, but then I had to stand up with that weight from the seated incline position, to this day I don't know how I didnt herniate a disc or get a sports hernia.

The other day I had a failure with dumbells on incline. It was so extreme that once I completed the positive part of the rep, the dumbell in my left hand came barreling towards my face and I had to shift my weight to avoid getting hit in the head, like I temporarily lost function in my arm. It was pretty nuts, I would have been in serious trouble if that thing would have landed on me

I saved some kid twice at the gym today.

First he pins himself and it was already too late, the weights slid off the bar.

Then he pins himself with less weight, and I could tell on the negative part of the lift he wasnt gonna be able to do it so I went over, he was trapped for all of 4 seconds. just long enough for me to take a pic of him KIDDING He got up and said thanks, I had my headphones in and didnt even acknowledge, just went back to what I was doing.

Then he starts getting he lift up past the point of no return on the positive part, he's attempting to rerack it and I see he is starting to fail but like I said he already got past the thin red line. So I just grabbed the bar because the weights started shifting on him and he was not going to be able to stabilize it having failed twice already. He got up and said thanks again, I didn't really say anything again. Mainly because it's no big deal, I give the kid credit for having the stones. Plus I have been in his position so many times, and I will never judge anyone or make fun of someone. He's trying his best, and he is pushing. So if anything. I respected him for taking the chance, but obviously could not condone that out loud, him obviously being new-ish to lifting.
  • FromHadesWithLove
    FromHadesWithLove Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wasn't watching where I was going and walked face first into this really tall buff guy's left boob.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Wasn't watching where I was going and walked face first into this really tall buff guy's left boob.

poor boob
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    So I was on the leg press machine on friday, you know the kind that is on a slide and on compression pushes your legs tight against your chest... ya that one... so one of my marbles decided to make an appearance and say hello to everyone... thankfully I don't think anyone notices and I casually tucked him back in.
  • beckybeth74
    beckybeth74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the gym where yall go! Just to watch all the bloopers!!!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Fell on the Smith Machine.
  • Zom_bunny
    Zom_bunny Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have adhd and get distracted easily I fall on the track once a week at least. It is ridiculous
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    fart while squatting, and injure myself doing deadlifts.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'v been in unsharted territory ( squatting down with too heavy a weight and nearly *kitten* yourself)
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I had packed my workout clothes after a wash day and they were a little damp. No big deal. Going to workout the next day. Well I did not go workout until a few days later and did not really notice the odor coming off my clothes but everybody around me did. =( I keep getting whiffs of funk but just put it off to people working out in a gym. That was until people keep looking at me and cleared the area around me. I finally grabbed a hand full of my top and took a nice long inhale and called it a day. It smelled like a dead rat!
  • Anaris2014
    Anaris2014 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My wife was participating in a group training session while I happened to be on the elliptical nearby. At semi-regular intervals I would look over to see what they were doing far more than a casual glance occasionally if my wife and I made eye contact we would share an expression of exaggerated exhaustion or something similarly jovial... Anyway, eventually I realised that another young lady in the class had noticed my glances and made eye contact. I felt like running over and was smiling in return, I assumed she thought that she's caught me having an undue look at the group. I wanted to run over and explain "but, that's my wife". I felt like I'd broken some unwritten rule of the gym, not just a glance too long but crossing the line...

That was far worse than any fart at the gym.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I had packed my workout clothes after a wash day and they were a little damp. No big deal. Going to workout the next day. Well I did not go workout until a few days later and did not really notice the odor coming off my clothes but everybody around me did. =( I keep getting whiffs of funk but just put it off to people working out in a gym. That was until people keep looking at me and cleared the area around me. I finally grabbed a hand full of my top and took a nice long inhale and called it a day. It smelled like a dead rat!

LMAO!!! That is the worst smell! LOL!
  • reneegordon72
    reneegordon72 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Had a hole in the crotch of my excercises pants and was doing squats. Thank goodness I wear panties under them.
  • smileycanuck
    smileycanuck Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was on a treadmill beside this guy and my ipod came unattached from my arm and fell to the treadmill, but me being me, instead of stopping the treadmill and bending down to pick it up, I try and bend down to get it while the treadmill is still going. Basically resulting in me stumbling, trying to stay upright and then shocklingly not falling off. But getting back up to the guy beside me going, you almost gave me a heart attack and I am ready to crawl in a hole I am so embarrassed. So of course I just start laughing because all I can picture is this guy watching me looking like Kermit the Frog probably wondering how he got stuck beside the nut job! :p
  • Arathels
    Arathels Posts: 6,883 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My Personal Trainer was helping me to stretch..
    So I'm standing and facing a wall with my arms over my head and he's holding my leg, pulling it up behind my back and raising it in the air wile his other hand is placed on my lower back. It was kinda hurting me but in a good way so I close my eyes, trying to relax into the stretch and let out a moan..

As I do that.. his wife walks into the stretching area.. So I'm standing there... flat against a wall with him behind me, my leg high in the air, one hand raising it up, the other on my lower back pushing me down and me with my eyes cloased and moaning.
    Needless to say... He's not allowed to help me with my stretches anymore.