When did you go shopping?

Options
myfightforfitness
myfightforfitness Posts: 136 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
While losing weight our clothes obviously start to get too big. So when did you go shopping to buy smaller clothes, how much weight did you lose?

I've lost over 40lbs and my clothes are loose but still fit lol I'll probably buy new ones at 60lbs loss!

Oh forgot to add my size 20 jeans were just too big to wear so I had to buy a size smaller :D

But other than that I'm wearing my old clothes :)

Replies

• kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 20 at 243.5 pounds into a size 12 at 227 and then into a size 10 at 163 pounds
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    That was three years ago when I did the PQ diet through a company called univera
  • hhazzouri
    hhazzouri Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Lets just say i ended up donating a bunch of almost new clothes
  • sindirella21
    sindirella21 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest, years ago, I actually bought suspenders for my work pants. I didn't want to buy new clothes until I'd lost all the weight. It was maybe a little extreme but it was effective.
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest, years ago, I actually bought suspenders for my work pants. I didn't want to buy new clothes until I'd lost all the weight. It was maybe a little extreme but it was effective.

Hence my safety pinning my pants. lol
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I go shopping whenever I can afford to.

I love cute clothes.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I bought my first reward outfit after I had lost 50 pounds, and then I couldn't help myself after that. :) I did have a number of things that I got rid of at the beginning of this year, but only a few items truly went to waste. For the first time, I decided to remove everything that was too large from my closet once it reached a certain point of ridiculousness (like when I found myself wearing women's size 26 shorts when I was a women's size 18 or tops that were drooping so low in the front that I was flashing people). I always held onto clothes in the past.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,369 Member
    Options
    Hate clothes shopping. Hate it.

For outside the home, I pretty much live in jeans, and bought a new pair at any point along the way when belting them made them look like the paper-bag-waist style that was in fashion a couple of decades back. I'm 5'5". I started out at 183 in a size 16 women's jeans. (A few years back, I was in a 20, too, but lost a couple of sizes when I got more active, even while staying at about the same weight.) I think I went to a size 12 misses at maybe 160, then 8 around (don't remember) maybe 140, snuck a 6 in there somewhere (130?), and hit 4 at 120ish.

My workout leggings became lightweight sweatpants when I put a drawstring inside the top edge so I could cinch them in. XL T-shirts still work, I just look like a refugee. (I Do. Not. Care.) I bought a few nicer things (pants, shirts, coat, sweaters) for more dressed-up social occasions. I'll work on the rest of the wardrobe gradually (sigh), if I have to, I guess.

Quite a few people buy from consignment/resale shops or things like Goodwill/Salvation Army during weight loss, and only buy new new clothes when they get to goal weight. Frugality pushed me in that direction, but I hate to shop there just as much, so I resisted. ;)
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I am currently still shopping in my closet. 26 lbs down and I've gone from a size 20 to a size 18. If past history holds true (and it might not, last time I lost weight was before kids), my next size will be in about another 20-25 lbs.

The smallest size I have in my closet is 14, and not much in that size. So once I'm basically out of plus sized clothes I will need to shop properly.
  • mathiseasy
    mathiseasy Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I love clothes shopping! The first time I lost weight, I hit up consignment shops as I did not plan to fit into those clothes for very long. Finding outfits that fit me nicely was a confidence booster.
    When I got to my goal weight I bought brand new clothes and wore those for years. Now that I am doing this again, I like what the above poster said-I'm still shopping in my closet too!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I bought some new underwear and tops when I was down 15-20 lbs. Most of my pants and skirts were stretchy waist so they still fit okay. I fit into some clothes I owned that used to be too tight to wear.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I buy new pants as soon as I fit into the next size down. I've gone from 24W to 14 petite. I get the pants on sale, and get one pair of jeans and one pair of black pants for work. I'm not going to go around hiking my pants up all the time. Shirts can last quite a bit longer if you buy the right ones. I've worked hard for those smaller sizes, so I'm darn well going to wear them all the way baby!!

This is what I do, too.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Shopping in my wardrobe. Size 10 Australian now
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I wear my denim jeans weekends. This past Saturday morning as I got dressed my 46 jeans fell down when I reached for my belt. And again. And again. I finally managed to hold the jeans with one hand and grab the belt with another and get the belt wrapped around me and the pants held up. Saturday afternoon I went to the local WM and purchased a single pair of 42 jeans. After changing into these, I discovered that the reduced material in the waist was not causing any bunching of fabric and thus exposing the inability of the belt to firmly hold the pants to me. It's not a typical belt. It uses velcro to hold together and my weight loss has exceeded the adjustment range of the belt, so I'll have to order a new one soon. I bought new smaller undershorts a month ago.
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I shop way too often. No waiting here. :D
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I go at like 5 am to beat the crowd. I hate the crowd. Couple times a week roughly. But I always dress for the occasion. A stylish blazer and an ascot.

Ah, it's clothes shopping. That I don't do as a rule. I thought it was groceries. I buy clothes off Amazon.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    This is what goodwill and other second hand stores and great sales are for. No need to wallow in too big clothes.
    I've generally bought new stuff every 2 sizes.