Is anybody now "use" to their new body and is motivated to lose more weight?

Options
I have lost 25 pounds (over 2 years) and am becoming "use" to this new body. I use to be on the higher end of the healthy BMI range and now I am on the lower end. I use to think I looked very good and athletic. Now I think I could lose quite a bit more weight. Anybody else feel this way?

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I've been used to my new body for the past 5 years as that is how long I've been maintaining. However, after my recent TAH surgery, I have lost 6 pounds and I'd like to gain at least 4 of them back again.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I think I was psyched to lose the weight but I've been working on body composition for almost a year. It's just not good enough.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I have lost 62 lbs. I reached maintenance last May 31 but because of my new lifestyle I have lost an additional 14 lbs. never thought I would get this low at my age. 68. But I am loving the new me and MFP.

Good luck to you.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I am @ my goal weight but still have lingering belly fat. I am going to continue to eat healthy & exercise. Hopefully it melts away someday... :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'd say go for it if you truly do have weight to lose. I know when i set my weight loss goal i had a different idea of how i'd look at my goal weight vs. how i actually looked. I still had far more body fat then i intended.

But now, 5 years later i think i have some body dysmorphia issues (i really have no idea how i look objectively). So make sure it's not that. This can lead to disordered eating.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm already at the lower end of the healthy bmi range (around 21), and when I was transitioning into maintenance I got my bmi down to 18.9. That wasn't a good look on me so I purposely regained a few pounds.

But, if you're in the higher end of a healthy bmi yet, then sure there's nothing wrong with losing a few more pounds and seeing how it goes :)
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Sort of, but only because I have serious issues with loose skin.
  • kportmanshark
    kportmanshark Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm already at the lower end of the healthy bmi range (around 21)

21 is right in the middle, that's a great place to be.
    and when I was transitioning into maintenance I got my bmi down to 18.9.

How did that happen? When you reached your goal did you just keep eating how you were before and so the pounds just crept off some more?