Why not faster!?

Options
I gained A LOT of weight through the winter months, especially Christmas time. It happened so fast I hardly had time to realize what I was doing!
Fast forward to now and I want to lose weight, but it's such a slow process it drives me nuts!
I know it's what's best, but how do you get over it? I get frustrated when I don't see change right away, with personal things like this I'm just very impatient. Not being allowed to binge on pizza is driving me insane haha.

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Choice time, do you want to lose the weight of binge on pizza? You makes your choices, you pays the price.
  • its_laura_btw
    its_laura_btw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping these cravings go away because I'm done being a slave to food!
    I do wanna lose the weight, I do I do!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't binge on anything, but if you're craving pizza, have pizza. Just pre-log it and stick to the portion you can afford in your daily goal. It's much easier to commit and sustain if you aren't eliminating things wholesale.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't binge on anything, but if you're craving pizza, have pizza. Just pre-log it and stick to the portion you can afford in your daily goal. It's much easier to commit and sustain if you aren't eliminating things wholesale.
  • anne_driessen
    anne_driessen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree with missusmoon, dont bindge on anything (its hard I know - I still love through the struggle) just have a little indulgence every once in a while, also, pizza doesnt have to be bad, try making one yourself (its really not hard and that way you can controll whats in it and load it with healthy goodness, or not ;) ) .
    I live by an 80/20 rule so basically I eat good whole foods 80% of the time and 20% I allow myself a cookie or a piece of cake...i indulge but try not to go overboard with it
    I know the process is long and hard, the general rule is that you have to stick it out at least 3 weeks before changing. However ive been told it takes at least 12 weeks for real change to happen. I dont know how new you are too this. But if you are just starting out with dieting, cut yourself some slack, yes loosing 2lbs a week is amazing but going from 2000+ kcal a day to 1200 kcal or less a day is a drastic change and you need time to adjust, your body might just be freaking out a little as all of a sudden it doesnt have all this energy/kcals that it used to have. try upping your kcal (just for a little while) so you can adjust a bit better and not feel like you are starving (which leads to bindging)
  • its_laura_btw
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I've looked up some recipes for pizza, and I really want to try a cauliflower crust pizza! I won't binge, I know I can do this! I having some curry tonight, so that's exciting for me heh.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Losing fast probably means you are using unhealthy practices to lose weight which aren't sustainable in the long run making it more likely for you to give up. My patience is zilch as well for this type of stuff so I try to look at there immediate effects of working out and eating better such as more energy and clearer skin.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself of anything you love, that will lead to binging. Find a way to work it into your calorie goal. Don't have a calorie goal that's too aggressive, that will leave you hungry and lead to binging.

You want to find something sustainable for the long haul which shifts your view on food and eating. If you change yourself to diet, you'll gain the weight back when you stop dieting.

Slow and steady wins the race--it's a marathon, not a sprint. :smiley:

Good luck!
  • DarthJader89
    DarthJader89 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It does get frustrating when you don't see change right away. I've seen people that shed weight like its nothing and I have to fight tooth and nail just to lose a pound that'll come back if I slip up in the slightest. I've learned that I can't eat 100% clean because it left me going to bed hungry and me being angry so I let myself be "bad" every once in a while but try to keep it under control
  • rhsdancer5
    rhsdancer5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya! One way to look at it is that the time is going to pass anyway, so you might as well use it to make progress
  • Singhguggly
    Singhguggly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have u tried Lean cuisines pizza. I know it's still evil but atleast its portion controlled and lesser of the 2 evils. Just a suggestion to calm ur cravings. Speaking from experience. It does help me without the scale going too up.
  • nitetime2015
    nitetime2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A lot of times ,I get tired of doing the calorie count,so I do it later ,and that helps me to stay on track.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,520 Member
    Options
    The body is effective at storing energy and not losing it. Eat a 400 calorie food in a few minutes. Takes an hour of moderate exercise to burn it off. Since most people don't exercise 24 hours a day, it's easy to out eat what you burn.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Someone told me that weight loss is slow and boring. So each time I'm bored and impatient, I just say to myself "excellent! I'm doing weight loss!" No joke tho... The struggle is real. Give it a few months and it gets a touch easier. Hang in there....
  • its_laura_btw
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
    I'm not going to let it bring me down, I'm determined this time! :)
  • TRIX5884
    TRIX5884 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I gained A LOT of weight through the winter months, especially Christmas time. It happened so fast I hardly had time to realize what I was doing!
    Fast forward to now and I want to lose weight, but it's such a slow process it drives me nuts!
    I know it's what's best, but how do you get over it? I get frustrated when I don't see change right away, with personal things like this I'm just very impatient. Not being allowed to binge on pizza is driving me insane haha.

I have been struggling with the same issue! I weighed myself this morning and was UPSET about a LOSS. Why? Because it wasn't big enough. It was reasonable. It was 1.4 loss - that's a good - steady pace loss - but I wanted more. It's tacked on a lot faster than it's falling off and I feel like it just isn't fair. I promise you are not in this boat alone. We all know the truth - slow and steady wins the race and promises a more rewarding long standing future. But - I feel your pain! lol
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You aren't being allowed or denied anything - you are the one that decides what to eat, when, and how much. Binging is not a good idea, though. But you can have pizza if you want pizza, and you can have real pizza. Again, you decide. If you log, you can see how much you can eat and still lose weight.
  • xCyanideGirlx
    xCyanideGirlx Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I had a slice of deep dish pizza for dinner last night! No foods are off limit for me, i eat what i want and budget it into my daily calories.
  • TeraGC
    TeraGC Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »

I find pre-logging really changes my attitude about the choice. If I'm truly craving pizza, then I will log it that and try to build the rest of my day around it.