ramadhan tips

Options
how to plan for diet and exercise during ramadhan,any suggestion?

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Diet is actually pretty easy, just count your calories for the 2 meals you are allowed. Exercise, however, you are better off if you do it in the evening so you can drink water. Dehydration due to exercise can be fairly dangerous, especially if you live in a hot area.
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options

What i did was broil things in oven instead of frying like samousas and such and drink plentyyyyy of water , during iftar i ate a bowl of whatever soup i like such as chicken or beef . It really helps you feel good after fasting allllll day and i cut all the sugars such as juices and desserts. Doing this helped me lose 8 pounds last ramadan .Hope this helps! Ramadan kareem
  • murnikurus2016
    murnikurus2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    In the last 2weeks of ramadan, usually i will spend it with my family. So it really difficult to keep up with my diet plan. Especially when my mum cook for iftar. Everyday is like thankgiving day. Do you guys have this problem as well?
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Happens to almost everyone I know.
    If you can't stick to the diet, then focus on damage control.

Limit the portions.

Have your dates, fruits and greens (salad/veg) before eating the other stuff.

Don't despair and completely throw the diet out of the window.

Try not to go overboard on the cals.

Enjoy ramadhan.

• fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to do exactly what I did last year.

Sahur: will be hearty breakfast with lots of proteins, less of the salty food, and salads. Lot's of tea, I love my tea!!!

Lunch will be logged as FAST so my calories will be split between sahur and iftar.

Iftar: feast of a dinner

-gerally start with a soup.
    -Digest that a bit maybe 20 minutes (you know allow the stomach to make space haha)
    -Then have the regular meal with protein, carb and veg trio in mind.
    -Not really a huge dessert addict. (Need to stay away from the syrup based sweets eg baklava) But could change for the month. :D

In the short gap towards sahur maybe snack on whatever I fancy. Also drink plenty fluids.

Most IMPORTANTLY I will log everything. And, for the first time in my life I lost weight comfortably during Ramadan last year. This year I don't have as much to lose but I'll still be keeping a close check on my calories.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Salaam,

I went balls to the walls the last two ramadhans, lifted heavy, did my hiit, as well as ate right.

This year I'm going to take it back a notch, just body weight movements and steady jogging.

Plan:

4am'ish - Suhoor

Oats with two scoops of whey
    Bowl of fruits
    Dates
    Water
    Multivitamin
    Fish oils

Approx 9pm - Iftaar

Chicken breast
    Salad
    Olives
    Super greens
    Super reds
    Bowl of fruits
    Dates

10:30pm - Taraweeh

12am - Jogging and body weight circuit after prayers

2am -

Chicken breast
    Salad
    Fruits
    Dates

Rinse and repeat until 'Eid.
    I usually either grill my chicken or sometimes add some beans and make it into stews.

Will have a good refeed on 'Eid and will not watch what I eat at all.

When do you sleep?!
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I go on a slight cut a month before. Seriously. I always gain a little bit during Ramadan and it's gotten harder to manage as Rmamdan has crept more and more out of Summer break. I have two kids to take to school, so I don't have the option of sleeping in. I watch my calories to a point, but exercise is almost non existent.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »
    Salaam,

I went balls to the walls the last two ramadhans, lifted heavy, did my hiit, as well as ate right.

This year I'm going to take it back a notch, just body weight movements and steady jogging.

Plan:

4am'ish - Suhoor

Bowl of fruits
    Dates
    Water
    Multivitamin
    Fish oils

Approx 9pm - Iftaar

Chicken breast
    Salad
    Olives
    Super greens
    Super reds
    Bowl of fruits
    Dates

2am -

Chicken breast
    Salad
    Fruits
    Dates

I usually either grill my chicken or sometimes add some beans and make it into stews.

When do you sleep?!

Probably between suhoor and ifftar

• MalcolmX1983
    Options

Jan's right, I go sleep after Fajr, wake up at 9.
    Siesta at 2 for an hour.

My sleep pattern gets totally messed up during Ramadhaan.
    The lack of sleep catches up with me towards the end, but I don't mind, it's only a month out of 12.

I only work one day a week during ramadhan, so that makes it easier I guess.
    Salaam,

Plan:

4am'ish - Suhoor

Bowl of fruits
    Dates
    Water
    Multivitamin
    Fish oils

Approx 9pm - Iftaar

Chicken breast
    Salad
    Olives
    Super greens
    Super reds
    Bowl of fruits
    Dates

2am -

Chicken breast
    Salad
    Fruits
    Dates

When do you sleep?!
  • ralostaz2000
    ralostaz2000 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »

Sahur: will be hearty breakfast with lots of proteins, less of the salty food, and salads. Lot's of tea, I love my tea!!!

Lunch will be logged as FAST so my calories will be split between sahur and iftar.

-Digest that a bit maybe 20 minutes (you know allow the stomach to make space haha)
    -Not really a huge dessert addict. (Need to stay away from the syrup based sweets eg baklava) But could change for the month. :D

In the short gap towards sahur maybe snack on whatever I fancy. Also drink plenty fluids.

Most IMPORTANTLY I will log everything. And, for the first time in my life I lost weight comfortably during Ramadan last year. This year I don't have as much to lose but I'll still be keeping a close check on my calories.
    Awesome Fidan..was about to send u a private msg and ask u if u experienced dieting during Ramadham before and here I find u
  • MalcolmX1983
    Options
    Thanks! I will pray for peace for all of you observing Ramadan next month.
    I just wanted to say have a good ramadan :) I am not Muslim but have friends who are and they say protein in the early morning meal is key! Good luck.

Thank you guys, very much appreciated:)
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »

Awesome Fidan..was about to send u a private msg and ask u if u experienced dieting during Ramadham before and here I find u

<3;)