Help!

Options
So my goal is to be around 100 pounds. I'm ok with 113-115 pounds. I'm 5'5-5'6 ( can't remember exactly) I've come close to being my goal but I got really boney around 120 pounds... Dont know if this is the right choice. Anyone have any feed back or wtv?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    At 5'5" a healthy weight range is 114 to 149 lbs. 100 pounds isn't a healthy goal for you.

THIS^^^^
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    The National Institutes of Health would agree with @diannethegeek
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to be that thin? I am just under 5'6" and have been very thin all my life till babies in my mid thirties. I dropped to 108 lbs in high school from 115 (actually I was exactly your age) after having mono for a month, and I looked skeletal and utterly disgusting. I was 120-ish through college. If you start looking bony at 120 lbs, I would not go under that. Put your energies into some strength training instead so you can be thin but still have a nice looking strong body and some booty.
  • devondero66
    devondero66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! I I'll raise my goal now knowing that 100 is too small. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How much do you currently weigh?
  • devondero66
    devondero66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not sure honestly. Don't have a scale. But I'm guessing around 130.

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    That's what, a size 6, maybe merging into 4? Not to sound like your mom, but (in best mom voice) "sweetheart, you sound like you are the perfect size, and you probably look fabulous". If you are not happy with some aspect of how you look, or have any jiggly areas, you might want to consider strength training rather than just guessing at a weight to meet. Again, it is helpful for people to know your goals and issues as they advise you (what you eat, whether you currently work out, are you currently struggling with weight gain, etc), but as you will see posted throughout this site, "strong is the new skinny." There are a lot of people who can offer far better advice than I can (I just started lifting in late January but love it, and the effect it has had on my body). But here is one of the legendary posts on lifting:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky/p1

Just thought I would mention it so you don't have to wait till you're 43 to realize you could have started lifting years ago. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

If you think you need to lose 30lbs then I would suggest you speak to a doctor and not strangers on the Internet.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

At your height and weight I'd suggest focusing on fitness and body composition rather than weight. You are at a healthy weight. If you still have some wobbly bits you want to get rid of exercise is probably a better method than reducing calories at this point.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, if you don't have a scale, why are you talking numbers?