Everytime I lift weights, I gain weight?

Options
jacki865
jacki865 Posts: 122 Member
Im 5'2 and 200lbs. Started at 235 and My goal is to get to 125-130. I weigh myself daily to keep track. I hit ONEderland last friday at 199.8 and have started adding more weight training and toning.

Yesterday was leg day so I worked on squats, leg curls, leg extensions, leg presses, etc. Now I wake up and my weight increased to 202.8 yet I'm not extremely sore at the moment. This happens every time I use weights and I seem to be fluctuating like this for the past 3 weeks where my weight will drop after cardio days but it spikes back up after doing any sort of lifting. I know its the water retained from using these muscles but I have now gone 3 weeks without any drop.

I think I may be losing inches and I can tell my body is getting more toned. But obviously me being only 5'2, Its impossible for me to be lean and 200lbs so more weight must come off. Im not entirely sure how to get the scale to go down without stopping the lifting? How can I minimize this impact or get out of this plateau?

Replies

• pinksarah7
    pinksarah7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Are you watching your calorie intake? Do more cardio. Drink more water. Try weighing yourself less often. Your weight can fluctuate a few pounds in just 1 day
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If it's a gain out of proportion to your calorie balance you simply know it's not a fat gain and you acknowledge yourself it's water weight.

Three weeks is absolutely nothing, it may well be better to compare your weight against the same week last month not week on week. You aren't in a plateau, you have just made a change to your routine. Patience!