I am new and in need of some friends for support!

Options
I am starting on my weight loss journey and I need some friends to help me out along the way! I had my second son in october of last year and I gained 80lbs. with him!!! I was 238 when I started eating right again and exercising some and now I am 211. I want to be around 165 to 160lbs. I feel really good at that weight. I also want to be a personal trainer and if I dont lose this weight no one will want to hire me! I have been studying for years so, if any of my friends need info, I can help. I am also a Christian minister and can offer counseling if needed! What I am really wanting is a buddy that I can report back and forth to on a daily basis if possible. So if thats you, let me know! Thanks!

Replies

• DodgeCJ
    DodgeCJ Posts: 30
    Options
    Hey there! Best of luck to you hun. I started off at 287 (very scary number to me) and now am about 267. It feels great to see the scale go down, doesn't it? I would love to add you as a friend, it is so nice to have motivating people who are trying to lose wieght with you.
  • Mathisfun
    Mathisfun Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just joined a couple weeks ago. I would be more than happy to be a support friend. I don't know how much help I will be as I am just learning.
  • TooManyKids06
    Options
    I'm new too and would love to have a buddy! I've excercised off and on, but with 6 kids I have trouble finding the time! My youngest son was diagnosed with a rare metabolic disorder through Newborn Screening at birth, and since then I've become very involved in a foundation for families with children like mine. Crazy as I may be, I signed up for the Disneyland 1/2 marathon in September, and have been training for that too!
  • KIM_145
    KIM_145 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi! I just started on my journey as well! I would love to have a buddy for support! Count me in!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I would love to be buddies!! Just add me and I'll approve and try to keep up with everyone! I deleted my facebook account because I spent WAY too many hours on it and not enough time moving!!! I am devoting my time to weight loss and my kids! So excited and pumped to get started!
  • kbenage
    kbenage Posts: 11
    Options
    I feel connected to you a little just because I too am at around 211lbs and want to be around 160lb. We are on a similar journey, but I'm a few years older than you as my second child is now 17 years old. I started at 236 when I decided to get control of my life. I've lose and gained a lot over time, but I am not going to give up. Feel free to add me as a friend. It will be fun getting to know you better.
  • tproctor
    tproctor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Please add me for mutual support and motivation... and the occasional dose of sarcasm!!!

Laughing burns calories!!!
  • muranda144072
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this online program. I think I used a different one in the past but it was not as user friendly as this site :) Feed back would be great.
  • jambs5
    jambs5 Posts: 114
    Options
    The more friends for encouragement & support the better. Please feel free to add me as a friend on MFP.
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just started here too! Count me in,
  • TokiDokiGirl12
    TokiDokiGirl12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm new here! Count me in!!!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Its great to have you here! You made a great choice. This is a wonderful website with a lot of support.
  • dstreet2
    dstreet2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am just starting too. I will be happy to be your support as well. It is nice to have the support. I figure I have 67 lbs to loose and I am anxious to get started. :-)
  • StarCass
    StarCass Posts: 11
    Options
    I am new as well! This whole experience is new to me since I've never been interested in exercising before. I'm here to get motivated to eat right and exercise, and hopefully I'll lose a few pounds along the way!
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    Hello and welcome.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.