I liked my world view before online article comment sections existed...

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
sigh...

Replies

• LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Sounds like there's a story behind this.....
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

straw that broke the camel's back kinda thing...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Poster-MrRogers-e1395007632401.jpg
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I want my click back...
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    What really sucks is so many people now think their opinion matters, it doesn't. If you aren't rich or very well educated, you're still not important, if all you have is a voice on the internet, that's not saying much at all...
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »

straw that broke the camel's back kinda thing...

Sorry bout that... I can sympathize

• clairelouisekaa
    clairelouisekaa Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a fookit bucket and things regularly get thrown into it !!!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the article/site. I've been finding that the comments section on some sites is much closer to journalism than the actual article, because the commenters bothered to research and not just throw something up as clickbait.

I read an interesting article awhile back about comments being closed down completely for articles relating to science, because the site found that some commenters would post information that was technically correct, but would do it in such a way that other commenters would dismiss the actual science because they didn't want to agree with someone who acting like a jerk.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Just start accusing everyone that doesn't conform to your view of bullying you. That seems standard.
    And anyone who even hints that you might not be perfect in every way of shaming you.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The government is working on eliminating internet anonymity. 25 years later people will look back to the once golden age. So enjoy it while it lasts. Polemics argue that trolls won't be trolls if there is no internet anonymity. And their voices are slowly being heard.

I dunno, people say plenty of idiotic things on facebook and twitter where they are easily identified. Check out the Racists Getting Fired tumblr or the infamous Justine Sacco story.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I don't know, the comments in recipes sections are ace...

"I give this recipe 1 out of 5 stars, less if I could. It was complete rubbish. I didn't have all the ingredients so I replaced the beef tenderloin with granola, the cumin with cinnamon, the butter with ginger ale, the sweet potatoes with mustard greens, and the cheese with pork rinds. It came out nothing like you said."
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    The comments section for sugar free gummy bears on Amazon is my dandelion patch.
    Go there, bask in that.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I don't know, the comments in recipes sections are ace...

"I give this recipe 1 out of 5 stars, less if I could. It was complete rubbish. I didn't have all the ingredients so I replaced the beef tenderloin with granola, the cumin with cinnamon, the butter with ginger ale, the sweet potatoes with mustard greens, and the cheese with pork rinds. It came out nothing like you said."

Ha, reminds me...I'm part of a Stephen King fan group on facebook and people are constantly, constantly buying books off Amazon from some self-published author also named Stephen King, then ranting and raving and giving him 1 star. Granted, he could start going under Stephen Middle Initial King but if you're too dumb to take 2 seconds to look up Stephen King's bibliography you don't know the meaning of caveat emptor.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    The problem is, everyone has an opinion even when they have no ground to stand on. And they will voice that opinion, no matter how idiotic it is.