Low Carb/Keto Nutrition Help for PCOS

Options
Hiiii

So a couple of years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS but fortunately Metformin helped me get preggers in like a month, so now after baby is now 1 year old I am ready to start working on myself again.

I was told to do the Low Carb Diet by my doctor when we discussed my PCOS and I did that for a short time since I got pregnant so quickly after being put on the Metformin. I was *borderline* insulin resistant. I didn't continue doing Low Carb while I was pregnant or breastfeeding.

I am not quite sure where I stand with PCOS now at this point, going to the doctor next week for my yearly and I assume they'll want to do bloodwork to check everything again.

I did want to go ahead and start doing low carb again and have heard a lot about Keto for PCOS especially and didn't know if I should focus or low carb or to really go for Keto instead.

Any help I could get with advise, experiences, recipes, etc to help get going the right direction would be appreciated! I really don't know where to start but I DO know I want it to happen for me this time - and from what I gather with successful people is nutrition is KEY!

Thanks!

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I peeked at your diary (the one day) - awesome.
    1. 1,880 seems high goal (are you sure)?
    2. Today only 830. I hope you eat, since going low made me binge the next day.

Focusing on eating healthy finally helped me lose weight.
    Temporary diets were such a waste of time.

• kmlbarky
    kmlbarky Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Your story is practically my story! I started keto on March 29, right after baby girl turned 1. I am following a program through my obgyn's office, and I use a lot of protein supplements that I get from them. Maybe yours offers something like this as well? It's been very helpful to me.
  • thelowcarblady
    thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I peeked at your diary (the one day) - awesome.
    1. 1,880 seems high goal (are you sure)?
    2. Today only 830. I hope you eat, since going low made me binge the next day.

Focusing on eating healthy finally helped me lose weight.
    Temporary diets were such a waste of time.

Hi thanks for taking a look, I actually made some changes to my goals after posting this and it has been reduced to 1791 per day. That and also all my MACRO information I got from doing the Keto Calculator so we'll see how it goes. I have a hard time eating that many calories though, when I am eating healthy at least haha
  • thelowcarblady
    thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    kmlbarky wrote: »
    Your story is practically my story! I started keto on March 29, right after baby girl turned 1. I am following a program through my obgyn's office, and I use a lot of protein supplements that I get from them. Maybe yours offers something like this as well? It's been very helpful to me.

I hope they can help give me some ideas but I think they'll tell me what I already know for the most part - to keep on with the Low Carb! lol. We'll see, I see them in a little less than a week