No Grain No Pain - what your meals look like?

Options
2»

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I needed this! I will share my recipe for crustless quiche, I like to make it for a week of breakfasts. You can add whatever cooked ingrediants you like to a greased pie plate, I like ham and mushroom sauteed with a little onion. Then pour on a mixture of egg and agg white (I do 4 eggs blended with half a cup of egg whites and a little cream). Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees F. That's four servings, 190 cals and 18 grams of protein.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Salmon pie

2 cans salmon drained
    1/2 cup chopped celery (chopped small)
    1/4 cup finely chopped onion
    2 TBSP coconut oil (or olive)
    1/4 cup milled flax seed
    1 tbsp old bay seasoning
    3 eggs

Saute the onion and celery in the oil until a little tender then mix all ingredients together. Grease deep pie dish and put mixture into dish, bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until cooked through and browned on top. You can make this into patties and bake or fry, too but the pie dish is my easy button.:laugh: It makes 6-8 servings depending on your calorie needs.

I usually serve this with mashed cauliflower- I mash mine with a little cream cheese and seasoning. Makes a great side to this salmon pie.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    A bump from me & one of my go-to grainless meals!

Lean meat w/ veggies & a fresh tomato salad (1 serving):

1.) 4-8oz portion (chicken, salmon, lean steak) grilled or broiled w/ wine, tsp. e.v.o.o., salt, pepper, paprika, 2 sprigs italian parsley & tsp. fresh diced garlic
    2.) 15 stalks asparagus, 5 sliced portabella mushrooms, tsp. fresh garlic, & tsp. e.v.o.o. sauteed all together
    3.) 1 tomato, 1/2 cucumber, 1/4 red onion, 3 basil leaves julienned, tsp. e.v.o.o., salt & pepper to taste

If you're not a fan of the asparagus/mushroom as your veggie side, another of my faves is steamed 2 cups swiss chard or bok choy sauteed in freshly diced garlic & tsp. e.v.o.o., or a 1 cup serving cauliflower mash w/ a tbsp. of fat free greek yogurt on top!

For an 8oz chicken breast with the sides, the stats are:

389 cals, 24g carbs, 51g protein, 10g fat, 6g sugar, 800mg sodium.

If you have a smaller portion of meat and use less e.v.o.o. the numbers will be lower :)
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Bumpity
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Last night for dinner was pork loin, bacon wrapped cabbage( OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS AMAZING) and fresh green beans from the garden
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html
    This is my go-to recipe site. I had the Coney Island Chili Dog Pie last night. I even fed it to my hubby and he went back for seconds! Yummmmo.
  • SOOZIE429
    Options
    Here's a great site for low-carb recipes (geared towards Atkins)

http://buttoni.wordpress.com/
  • SOOZIE429
    Options
    This is my go-to recipe site. I had the Coney Island Chili Dog Pie last night. I even fed it to my hubby and he went back for seconds! Yummmmo.

That sounds sooooo good!
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options

That sounds sooooo good!

I was so amazed! It tasted just like a open-faced chili dog! The topping makes a bread-like layer. I will be making this often!
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the stunning courgette loaf!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Last night for dinner was pork loin, bacon wrapped cabbage( OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS AMAZING) and fresh green beans from the garden

How do you do the bacon wrapped cabbage? That sounds yummy!
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes of course Bella ... it's easy

2 cups almond flour
    pinch salt
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder (but next time I think I will add more - about 1 1/2 for a dense cake loaf
    3 eggs
    1/4 cup oil (I used olive oil)
    1/4 cup flaxmeal + whole seeds for topping if you like
    1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini, raw and packed tightly (about 1 large zuchinni)
    nuts optional

mix wet ingredients then slowly add in the dry. Fold in the zuchinni. Pour into a greased loaf tin then into a preheated oven for 55m

BUMP (remember to add 1/3 cup cocoa)
    [/quote

bumping ;)
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Tonight will be Fassoukia Ladera - Greek green bean potato and courgette stew with some grilled meat
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Okay I learned a new word- had to look up courgette which for me is a zucchini. Love them and they make up a huge part of my diet since it is one of the few low carb veggies I can eat besides salad veggies. (I am allergic to spinach and broccoli). I love zucchini in omelets with uncured bacon, onion, and fresh tomato. YUM!
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    [/ img]http://photos2.mfpassets.com/images/photos/125/751/5125751_6493.jpg[/ img]

Wine & Maple cured Wild Alaskan King Salmon from Lake Forest Park Farmer's Market with Trader Joe's Pastures of Eden Imported Sheep's Milk Feta folded into a Pastured Egg Scramble

Melt one Tablespoon/15ml coconut oil in an omelette pan.
    In a separate bowl, scramble 4 pastured eggs with Zatarain's Creole Seasoning.
    Pour eggs over melted coconut oil.
    When eggs are half cooked, fold in flaked salmon and crumbled feta.
    Do not over cook.
    Serve with coffee/coconut milk latte.
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Can't get the image to post even though I have it in my MFP photos. Anyone know how to fix it?
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Bump
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    My fav lasagna- adapted from George Stella's Recipe

2 lbs ground chicken
    1 cup of celery chopped with tops
    1/2 medium onion chopped
    2 tbsp coconut oil for saute
    1 large can of sugar free marinara- I use Trader Joe's Tuscano
    1 c. full fat ricotta
    1 cup assorted cheeses mozzarella, provolone, Parmesan, etc
    garlic cloves
    1 large egg
    Italian seasonings
    sea salt to taste

Saute veggies in oil until a little tender then add ground chicken cook until browned, add Italian seasonings to taste I usually add a tbsp of basil and oregano, a good sprinkle of both onion and garlic powders, a little sprinkle of sea salt, then when almost done add pressed garlic cloves ( I add 2). Pour sauce over meat mixture bring to a simmer and turn off. In a bowl mix cheeses and egg, a tsp of oregano and a tsp of basil or 2 tsp of Italian seasoning and then press another clove or two of garlic into the cheese mixture. In a 9x13 baking dish pour meat mixture in first then spoon cheese mixture over it and spread it out. Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes until cheese on top reaches the desired browning for your taste(I like mine a little crispier). I double this and freeze the extra portions it reheats very well. Sometimes I add zucchini, too to change it up you could also add spinach or any other non-starchy veggies.

The original calls for ground beef and is on his website. George Stella has great low carb cookbooks but uses a lot of soy flour in his baked goods which I am against and allergic to but the other recipes are good or can be adapted easily.