Tipping Point!

Options
I'd like to hear from folks who were so overweight that exercising seemed impossible. How did you start and what were your thoughts.

Replies

• Fergieberg
    Fergieberg Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I started small....like walking for 10 - 15 minutes at a time...I now walk over an hour almost every day....I jog occasionally now too.
    I also rode a stationary bike for short periods of time on the lowest resistance level. Now, I ride outdoors on uneven terrain.
    Start small and work your way up!
  • sarahpittaway
    Options
    I weight 104 KG in January and realized I need to Move to lose weight. Its simple start it today and even though it seems hard it will get a little better everyday . I started on a treadmill at 4,4 k/h and now six months later can run 10 k/h for 7 minutes! Its small steps everyday. I walked a marathon . It took 6 hrs 52 minutes but I finish it. Doing a mini marathon in September as a Full was tough.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I define the tipping point as the point where you are so heavy and out of shape that you are not sure if you can even exercise and yet you know you have to do something.

I salute those who have found themselves in that position and yet persevered on.

Personally I wasn't quite there. Though I could see it coming. I went to work on the garden one day and found myself belly up on the lawn. I was exhausted and I hurt. My back hurt, my arms hurt and you name it, it hurt. I ended up planting the rest of the garden on my hands and knees to save my back.