Aloe Vera Gel - Opinions Please :-)

Options
KellyLouiseGibson
KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
edited May 2016 in Food and Nutrition
So I started yesterday having a maximum strength aloe vera gel drink. You only have 25ml a day which is just a shot.
I wondered if any MFP members have been using it for a while and seen any effect?
I am on a strict diet and exercise plan and I am losing 2 pounds a week at the moment. I just wondered if anyone has tried this Aloe Vera Drink?

Replies

• hnahae
    hnahae Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Aloe Vera works like a laxative and studies have shown prolonged use increases risk of a type of colon cancer. There's also all the issues associated with using a laxative like dehydration, different deficiencies, becoming dependant. I use it to help with acid reflux on occasion but I've found even just a shot of the basic gel drink more than occasionally will screw with your bowels. Use with caution.
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    pure aloe has toxins in it and realy shouldnt be consumed. I drink aloe juice. it has the harmful stuff removed . I have ulcers and it seemed to help that a bit. what are you using it for?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I use it for IBS, it has had zero weight loss results for me if that is what you mean. I lose or gain the amount I expect to from tracking my calories.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I've tried it and it tastes disgusting. Why are you doing this to yourself? Aloe vera is great for the skin, but don't eat/drink it.
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am using it as I have been told it is good for bloating. Also I have dry skin so I was trying it for that to.
    Ill have this bottle then I wont get it again as by the sounds of things its not a good product.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I'd use it as a laxative if I needed one, but otherwise, no thank you.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I am using it as I have been told it is good for bloating. Also I have dry skin so I was trying it for that to.
    Ill have this bottle then I wont get it again as by the sounds of things its not a good product.

Do yourself and your body a favour - flush it down the toilet instead of consuming it.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Aloe Vera gel works great! I apply it my skin for burns & sunburns. B)
  • 626javier101
    626javier101 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah I would definitely stay away from that