Doms again

kanerz14
kanerz14 Posts: 85 Member
anyone have any idea why I've recently been getting Doms. I usually run
and haven't ran any more or less;but over past three weeks I've been getting Doms and it feels like ive just started running after being off of it for a while.

Replies

• sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    How is your diet? Getting enough protein? Getting enough quality sleep? Stressed out? Maybe fighting a virus?

Just a few ideas, I too had a week like this last week so I know what you mean about hurting more when you've not done anything more to justify it. It's weird huh.
  • kanerz14
    Yeah defo, if anything I've been eating more of my exercise calories and a bit of stress.
  • saphin
    saphin Posts: 246 Member
    When did you last change your running shoes. Either worn out or new shoes could affect your gait and stability and case soreness
  • kanerz14
    That maybe it actually. I'm over 500 miles. Kinda thought I'd be able to squeeze another couple hundred out em. :/

They really don't look massively worn though.
  • saphin
    saphin Posts: 246 Member
    kanerz14 wrote: »
    That maybe it actually. I'm over 500 miles. Kinda thought I'd be able to squeeze another couple hundred out em. :/

They really don't look massively worn though.

Check with your manufacturers website, but I suspect that could be your problem. The 'Innards' of the sole could be deteriorating even when the outside looks fine. Also be careful as if you let them deteriorate too far you will be unconsciously modifying your gait slightly so problems could continue on the replacement shoes

• kanerz14
    Many thanks.
    I'll have to bite the bullet and splash out on a new pair I think.