How to quit Planet Fitness..??

Options

Replies

• actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Forty6and2 wrote: »
    I've never been part of Planet Fitness, but I think the de-registration process goes something like:

Bone of the father, unknowingly given
    Flesh of the servant, willingly sacrificed
    Blood of the enemy, forcibly taken

You forgot the part where they kill your friend in front of you!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I've never been part of Planet Fitness, but I think the de-registration process goes something like:

And a virgin. You need to find a virgin to sacrifice!
  • CalorieCountChocula
    CalorieCountChocula Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    PF is no contract right? You can just stop the membership anytime. You probably don't even deal with anyone at the gym itself but have to call the billing servicer.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    The gallon jug rule has nothing to do with bottle size or tripping. It has everything to do with them wanting it to be a family friendly gym. Keep out the meatheads, the ones who always drop the biggest weights on the floor. You know the type. Is it a stereotype? Yes. Is it true? Yes, as much as I've ever seen.

No offense but this is ridiculous. How on earth does not allowing gallon jugs equate to being family friendly?? Do they automatically become not family friendly just because someone bring a jug?

So if I have a gallon jug, I am automatically a "meat head"?

Yes. And this is exciting, because I never knew it was so easy to change my image.

;-)

For the record, my gym neither has such a rule nor a "problem" with "meatheads."

And now I am forced to add this:

4mkvki2kox2g.jpg
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    The gallon jug rule has nothing to do with bottle size or tripping. It has everything to do with them wanting it to be a family friendly gym. Keep out the meatheads, the ones who always drop the biggest weights on the floor. You know the type. Is it a stereotype? Yes. Is it true? Yes, as much as I've ever seen.

No offense but this is ridiculous. How on earth does not allowing gallon jugs equate to being family friendly?? Do they automatically become not family friendly just because someone bring a jug?

All this talk about gallon jugs is making me wonder, does anyone actually carry around an entire gallon of water? Unless you're a laborer working outside in the heat all day, that's a whole lotta water to tote around! Seems like it's just a stupid exaggeration for pf to use...

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »

All this talk about gallon jugs is making me wonder, does anyone actually carry around an entire gallon of water? Unless you're a laborer working outside in the heat all day, that's a whole lotta water to tote around! Seems like it's just a stupid exaggeration for pf to use...

Yes, some people do. I bring a small water bottle to the gym, but I bring a container that can hold ~a gallon of water to work. It's not a jug like you see at the store, but it is an insulated pitcher.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm surprised this thread is still going. Even more surprised that I've read the whole thing. Hmm.

I go to Planet Fitness when I'm alone, and a small, locally owned gym when I'm with my trainer. No one has ever said anything about gallon jugs (which is apparently a big deal to some on this thread), nor have they ever said anything about anyone's attire. However, I would hope that if someone was silly enough to wear sandals on a treadmill, they'd ask them to change...because really? Sandals? In a gym? That's a little ridiculous.

Anyway, all of the issues sound a lot like excuses. Ones that you'd eventually get over if you just kept with it. I think a lot of people are self conscious about going into a gym to begin with. I was, because I was huge, but no one pays attention to you unless you're purposely drawing attention to yourself. If you want to cancel, cancel. No reason to lie. It's not that big of a deal.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

I would think most gyms have water fountains where containers can be refilled, so it isn't necessary to carry a jug of water. When I hike, I have a 3L reservoir and will sometimes even add a bottle or 2, depending on whether there is a place to obtain and filter water from streams or lakes along the way. It is often hours of strenuous exercise in the hot (or cold) outdoors before I see water again and 2L reservoirs are much more common. So if 2L-3L works for hours of cardio in the heat, 1 gallon in a temperature controlled environment while weight lifting for 1-2 hours seems excessive... especially since you can just bring a smaller container and refill it as needed.

However, on my longest day of the year at work, I bring in a 100 oz. mug of diet soda. People laugh at how big it is, but I'm going in at around 4am and staying until close to 10pm. The diet soda helps me stay sane and alert.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

Too soon... too soon :cry:
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options

:'( it'll always be too soon

always
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

I would think most gyms have water fountains where containers can be refilled, so it isn't necessary to carry a jug of water. When I hike, I have a 3L reservoir and will sometimes even add a bottle or 2, depending on whether there is a place to obtain and filter water from streams or lakes along the way. It is often hours of strenuous exercise in the hot (or cold) outdoors before I see water again and 2L reservoirs are much more common. So if 2L-3L works for hours of cardio in the heat, 1 gallon in a temperature controlled environment while weight lifting for 1-2 hours seems excessive... especially since you can just bring a smaller container and refill it as needed.

However, on my longest day of the year at work, I bring in a 100 oz. mug of diet soda. People laugh at how big it is, but I'm going in at around 4am and staying until close to 10pm. The diet soda helps me stay sane and alert.

For most of them, it's their entire days worth....not just 1-2 hours. I don't do it, but I understand where people come from. I have a 3L bottle on my desk that I carry around during the day.
  • TheopolisAmbroiseIII
    TheopolisAmbroiseIII Posts: 197 Member
    Options
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    richln wrote: »
    Upgrade to anti-water jug technology to avoid injuries.
    c6ny2nfdmmy4.jpg

Why was this SO FUNNY?!! lol!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options

I see guys at the gym with gallon jugs of water. Don't know how much of their daily allotment this represents. My mother (who is a lot smaller than the guys at the gym) measures out a half gallon of water every day to help her drink that much. I make (weak) tea in 4 C batches so I know how much liquid I'm drinking.
  • cnbbnc
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I see guys at the gym with gallon jugs of water. Don't know how much of their daily allotment this represents. My mother (who is a lot smaller than the guys at the gym) measures out a half gallon of water every day to help her drink that much. I make (weak) tea in 4 C batches so I know how much liquid I'm drinking.

I see what you're saying about you and your mom, but....I just think it a little odd that anyone needs to carry that much water to/around the gym, but....whatever!

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

I see what you're saying about you and your mom, but....I just think it a little odd that anyone needs to carry that much water to/around the gym, but....whatever!

If they use a gallon jug to measure daily water intake, it makes sense. Why would you want to change containers/pour water into a different container just to go to the gym?
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

:'( it'll always be too soon

always

How do you make me hate you but love you at the same time?!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

If they use a gallon jug to measure daily water intake, it makes sense. Why would you want to change containers/pour water into a different container just to go to the gym?

Yeah, I wouldn't do it (and I think the idea that we need to measure out our water is bizarre), but I get it given how common that idea is or if someone tends to not drink enough (I sometimes forget to drink when running outside or doing weights, and that can be dumb).

I am kind of tempted to suggest that people are carrying around gallon bottles because they are doing the world's whimpiest farmer's carries, and that PF forbids it because farmers carries are on their odd list of things that might intimidate newbies.
  • cnbbnc
    edited May 2016
    Options

I'd rather do that than carry a gallon sized container around. Call me crazy, but that's just me. And is it really difficult to pour water into a smaller bottle? Like I said though..whatever. Not gonna debate over water bottles.