Fat Shaming in Disney Movies

incisron
incisron Posts: 550 Member
All the Disney princesses are fit and beautiful. It's not fair. When people complained about the stereotypes Disney princesses fit into, instead of really fixing the problem, they just replaced the traditional dainty princess with Pocahontas, a woman with an athletic figure who jumps off cliffs and swims through rivers while singing underwater. Dont they think it will make us fat people feel bad? At first I thought Pocahontas was a movie about tolerance, till it got to the part where it said: "Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest / Come taste the sun sweet berries of the earth." Basically it's saying we have to run and get exercise and eat nothing but twigs and berries. I feel like Disney is a poor company.

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    but, but....Star Wars...Marvel...and ESPN...
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Those Southpark kids look pretty lardy too.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Technically she is period correct. Native American Indians weren't portly. I don't think I've ever seen a depiction of a fat one.
    Besides that isn't an issue limited to Disney. When I started watching BBC programming I was somewhat startled that all the main characters on their shows weren't beautiful.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    This can't be a serious post. It isn't serious, is it?