Best excersice?

Options
What excersice do you think is the best?

Replies

• babyweight123
    Options
    ZUMBA!!! :)
  • exercisechic927
    exercisechic927 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    cardio: elliptical
    strengthening: bosu ball and exercise ball
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Like at the gym or do you have a disc for it?
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    INSANITY!!!!!!
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    - Whatever you enjoy the most. Because if you get bored you will stop doing it. I do all sorts of things....walk, stationary bike, swimming, Walk Away the Pounds.......and just whatever else I can do to get some exercise in for the day.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Cardio: stationary bike and elliptical
    Weights: weight machines or free weights (as long as you know how to use them with proper form).

Really up to you though. Find something you like to do :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    pole dancing. never a dull moment, tones muscles you didn't know you HAD!!!
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Run and do some form of resistance training.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical
    Strength: Circuit training machines.
    Home: Zumba DVDs.
  • CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    INSANITY!!!!!!

Best cardio workout I've ever done. Seriously. I also like p90x and good old fashioned weight lifting!
  • nhhartmann
    nhhartmann Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love Turbokick or kickboxing and you may be able to find it on demand TV - there are usually good workouts on there. Jillian Michaels is a great workout too and she usually has a few free on demand if you have that option with your cable provider. I go to the gym but when the kids don't cooperate, I do it at home in front of the TV
  • zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    swimming hardcore laps. best thing I have ever done.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    cardio.......elliptical
    strength training.....varies but I'm a big fan of planks....strengthens your core....love it! :flowerforyou:
  • lovejoydavid
    lovejoydavid Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Chasing my kids. I go running to recover!
  • denverdeb1
    denverdeb1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Anything you enjoy, Try different things until you find what you like. I use to only do ellipitical but starting using the recumbent bike and love it. So I switch them out. Really anything you like and will keep you going. I also love doing weights, it is fun to see the little bit of muscle under all the fat!
  • liztorto
    liztorto Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You have to do what you enjoy so you keep up with it. However, running seems to reap benefits quickly. Sign up for a road race to give yourself something to train for - it's more likely you will get out there. Road races are fun - a sense of competition but it's also just about personal bests. You usually get a tee shirt too if you register ahead of time. haha. Good Luck! :-D
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I'm torn between a couple lifts but I think the most fun is Standing Overhead Shoulder Press. There's just something about lifting an *kitten*-load of weight from a standing position over your head. Next would definitely be the deadlift.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Pilates, yoga, ballet conditioning and walking.

Building muscle is far more effective than cardio...easier on the body, too.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Eliptical gives you a great burn - but I am passionate about a good long outdoor speed walk!!!!
    As far as strength - I use a lot of machines at the gym - I love the leg press aswell as a chest press
  • atsimon
    atsimon Posts: 10
    Options
    "Back in the day" I was a two sport Division I athlete. I spent my life in weight rooms and running to stay in top shape. It wasn't until my son began rowing a few years ago that I discovered what I think is the absolute best machine on the planet...a Concept2 erg (rowing machine). There is nothing else out there that can work every major muscle group in your body while giving you great cardio, all without impact to your joints. A thirty minute workout will leave you exhausted if done correctly. It's especially great for core. I LOVE it and actually have two...one at my house and one at our summer home, because I can't stand the thought of being away from it for 8 weeks.