Why does it have to be like this!?

Options
2»

Replies

• jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Next time, tell her "Thank you! I'll go get some as soon as I can." Then never go get them. She'll never know.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I do that all the time now.
    Oddly enough no one has caught on to me yet! :)

Yep. Just a simple thank you.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I would have taken 1 cookie, thanked her, ate it and went about the rest of the week.

This right here.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Next time, tell her "Thank you! I'll go get some as soon as I can." Then never go get them. She'll never know.

Yep, this!! OR you could actually take one and save it for a day when you have the extra calories - especially if a treat you really enjoy!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I would have taken 1 cookie, thanked her, ate it and went about the rest of the week.
    I agree with this.

• markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i don't like the idea of saying you are going to eat one and then not eat it. simply because why should YOU have to lie?

my suggestion would be to go to the break-room (or where ever she had them sent) and get a cookie, take a photo of you with the cookie, eat the cookie, then send the photo to her. tell her how much you love them, but that cookie was your last due to a special diet you have recently started.

honestly if someone is truly offended that you are turning-down food (even if it was made especially for you) THEY are the one with the problem and probably not much of a true friend. i "get" that you don't want things to be awkward for business reasons, but lying about it will likely come back to bite you in the end...she could send over a dozen more each week!!!
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    i don't like the idea of saying you are going to eat one and then not eat it. simply because why should YOU have to lie?
    You don't even have to lie. OP could have simply said "Thanks for letting me know!" and left it at that. If the co-worker remembers to ask again you say, "Thanks, I haven't had a chance to go get one yet."

People get uppity when their gift/gesture of friendship is rejected or when others make them feel inferior (I'm so much better than you because I'm watching what I eat).
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I think where the disconnect happened is that it sounds to me like she took the time to make the cookies for you specifically, and then you sent a message that was perhaps not received well.

I'm going to go with the people who suggest that working in a cookie here and there isn't going to derail your efforts. Instead, perhaps, being able to be a little more flexible would help. At 50+lbs lost, you clearly know how to get it done. And life happens sometimes.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

Right? Love this route. No one ever comes back and demands proof ;)
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I would have taken one and saved it for the next day, telling her the same reasoning you provided to refuse it entirely...but it really shouldn't be a big deal so unless she's completely crazy it'll blow over...and if she IS that crazy, that's 100% her problem...sucks to deal with but not worth your time and energy. You can't rationalize with someone who's being irrational.

It's also possible that the sudden refusal might have made her think you don't really like them and were just trying to be nice in the past. If things still feel awkward tomorrow and you feel the need to clear the air you could say something like "I hope I didn't make you feel bad earlier- I've just been trying REALLY hard to stick to my plan and this caught me by surprise." You shouldn't feel obligated to justify your eating habits but I can understand wanting to avoid awkwardness.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If I'm honest I would've eaten half of the plate and felt bad on my next weigh in. :D
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,616 Member
    Options
    LOL I would have made a beeline for those cookies and logged an estimation of however many I took.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options

Or bring a container you can hide, stick them in there, hide them, say you've had them, take them home, stick in freezer/cupboard to have at a later date.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I would have had one and exercised off the calories today and/or tomorrow. There's nothing wrong with having a little indulgence on occasion as long as you are cognizant that you have to make the deficit up elsewhere. Your body doesn't burn EXACTLY ____ calories in 24 hours. I think if you have a 3500 (or 1750, or whatever deficit you're trying to maintain) over the course of the week, going over by a few hundred calories in a day won't hurt you.