100 pounds to lose - Weekend get away ideas for loss reward?

Replies

• simplytree0363
    simplytree0363 Posts: 6 Member
    Consider Boise, Idaho! We are home to great fishing, hiking, skiing, horseback riding. We have some of the best whitewater in the WORLD, and there are some companies that will take guests with no experience and keep ten safe while they have so much fun!
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    The San Juan Islands in Washington State are gorgeous. It's a short ferry ride from the Seattle area. Come late summer to early fall for the best weather. There's great hiking, camping, and kayaking plus quirky little shops in the towns on the islands.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Shoebacha1 wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Oregon Coast. I bet you hubby is proud to have you on his arm already!

I have never been to the Oregon Coast. Is it good snorkling there? I imagine it being cold for some reason.

I don't know about snorkeling. Surfers etc wear wet suits most of the year. It's not the tropics!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Cannon Beach Oregon is gorgeous, not a place to snorkel, surfing is good there though. You can also go horseback riding along the beach.

The San Juan islands Wa and Whistler BC are both close to me and would be wonderful for an outdoor adventure.

A cruise can be quite affordable as all meals are included. A 4 or 7 day Caribbean would make a great snorkelling holiday.

Or save the cruise for a 2 week grand finale!

I am going to throw in Vegas. I never thought I would like it, but a trip to Red Rocks and a hike in the desert were amazing. So was the Hoover dam.
    (I loved the bling of the hotels and the night life too.)

Great idea for your rewards.
    Start a money jar for your spending money, $xx for each pound lost.

Cheers, h.
  • Shoebacha1
    Shoebacha1 Posts: 2,113 Member
    I love the idea of putting spending money in a jar for each pound lost to spend on the trips! Thanks!
  • Shoebacha1
    I decided I wanted to be a cat for a bit. I went and laid on people's desks, knocked their stuff over and stood there meowing at them until they screamed at me "WTF are you doing???" I also chewed on a few plants. Cats are living the life. Glad I dont do drugs, pretty sure I will be "randomly" U/A'd shortly.
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Well that comment has me thoroughly confused!
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited May 2016
    Olympic peninsula in Washington state, all kinds of landscapes from seaside, temperate rain forest, mountain, prairie all within a day's drive, and lots of camping availability for cheap travel.

Bryce Canyon in southern Utah is a gorgeous place to hike, and you could swing by Zion while you're out there.

Do you like caving? Mystery Cave in southeast Minnesota has three levels of tours, from wheel-chair accessible 30 minute tours to 9 hour caving tours that require you to slide through narrow spaces (they'll make you try it to make sure you fit before you leave)

Apostle Islands in northern WI/ south shore of Lake Superior have some great kayaking and caving options. Interesting ice caves in the winter if you can time your travel to the weather.
  • chickboy0
    chickboy0 Posts: 23 Member
    I skimmed and saw someone say San Juan Island, it is indeed beautiful. I personally haven't gone out there much. I've never really been out of Seattle... only out of country... quite ironic. I think Japan is definitely worth a visit after the 100 lb. mark! It's a really nice country, I like Taiwan and South Korea too. Vietnam is a great spot for tourists if you like mopeds or Mario Kart. Definitely worth seeing for the variety of cultures.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    You can get amazing deals on cruises if you can go off-peak, so it's worth keeping an eye open.
  • DylsGrandma
    DylsGrandma Posts: 69 Member
    I love the beach and the mountains. You can get a lot of walking in at the beach and it is peaceful and beautiful early in the morning. Also, I love the mountains because there are places to go hiking. I am not sure which is closer to you, but I think anywhere that is scenic and where walking can be enjoyable, would be good places to get away. <3
  • daniellek30
    daniellek30 Posts: 171 Member
    I'm in Oklahoma too! Since i'm assuming you want to do something that's not in Oklahoma, I will recommend two of the places I have lived previously:

1. Vegas - although I couldn't stand living there, visiting is great! There's hiking, waterfalls - red rock canyon alone is just gorgeous! Horseback riding, all of that.
    2. Florida - my favorite place in the world. You have the beach, you have amusement parks - and every part of Florida has it's own flair so there's something everyone would love!
  • prodigywithapen
    prodigywithapen Posts: 25 Member
    edited May 2016
    Oklahoma here too! I'm previously from NYC, and there so health conscious there, it would be no big thing because you can find a healthy meal anywhere! And, the city is huge, so you can walk it all lol And staten Island NY (my home island lol) you can walk along the beaches, plus you have Long island, coney island. It's a good place to go
  • Shoebacha1
    I just went to Independence, Kansas on Sunday. It was not weight loss related, but was a great. They have a free zoo, awesome playgrounds with adult size toys, a nickle carousel, dollar putt putt and all kinds of cheap snacks that benefit the Lion's Club. We got a lot of walking, hiking, playing and fun in. I got at least 6 hours of movement/calorie burn in, and there is a water park we didn't get to go to that is 5 dollars to get in. (rained out) Lots of pretty gardens and scenery, including fossils and neat rock formations! Spent a total of 50 bucks for a full day of fun, and it was only that much because of lunch and the donations on everything since all proceeds went to park management/improvement and the Lion's Club.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Shoebacha1 wrote: »
    Someone on my profile suggested Door County Wisconsin. It is looking pretty cool for a spring or summer destination. Thinking I will hit my fist 20 pounds this fall/winter.

Yes, it is a beautiful destination! I live in southeast Wisconsin, and have been to Door County several times.

Depending on what your interests are, some possibilities could be Chicago (lots of theatre and arts, and you can walk a lot of it), San Diego (some cool historical sites and also walking), or even Cleveland.
  • Shoebacha1
    I am 5 pounds away from my first 20. I am going to California (Not sure where) to celebrate my grandpa's 90th birthday. My budget for my first 20 is going to be kind of tight, so instead of going on a trip, I am going to buy a kayak. This will help me get to the next 20! I live on a horse ranch with a few small ponds, but I am only 2 miles from a decent size lake in town, and not far from 2 larger lakes. My husband and I are so going to get some exercise, sun and fish!
  • neomellojenn
    neomellojenn Posts: 22 Member
    I am on day 12 of my journey. I have about 140lbs to lose. I post my struggles on my profile. Add me.

I'm a single mom and veteran who is socially isolated much of the time. I could really use as many friends as I can get.
  • Shoebacha1
    Back from vacation. I will not weigh in until the 1st of the month, so I have time to lose whatever I may have gained. I did rather well resisting temptation. I ate well about 80% of the time, avoided alcohol and even got a few workouts in. I am more motivated than ever, and hope that on the 1st I get to go buy that kyak. I have one picked out and the money saved. Things are close to normal at work now, get my two days off anyway. That means more exercise time! My new work out regiment will be keeping me busy!
  • Shoebacha1
    I decided that my 40 pound mark is going to be a cruise. Any suggestions for a 5 day cruise? I dont have a passport right now, but I will be getting one before then.
  • Shoebacha1
    Down 17 pounds so far, hoping to hit 20 by the first. Feeling rather confident!