It Works!

Options

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    my neighbor used one of their pills. wont say which one. and she ended up with liver issues after taking it for only 2 months. she lost no weight either.she recently had WLS,which in my book she didnt need it especially with 4 kids to take care of. but some people think WLS is the only way.so no it doesnt work.
  • LLT38
    LLT38 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    On a related note, is it common on MFP that people add you as friends so they can try to sell their MLM stuff to you? I've had that happen twice in the past week so I am wondering if this is happening a lot.
  • LLT38
    LLT38 Posts: 172 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Double post
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    LLT38 wrote: »
    On a related note, is it common on MFP that people add you as friends so they can try to sell their MLM stuff to you? I've had that happen twice in the past week so I am wondering if this is happening a lot.

I had it happen once on my old account (beachbody ugh). I deleted her pretty quick and think she ended up getting kicked off the site.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Save your money!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

yes,I have had people try to add me just to sell me a product or get me to follow their way of "dieting" all of which were FAD diets or really low calories,no thanks I just set them straight and go from there.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    They have tons of products. What are you looking at specifically? I have tried several, so I can give you my advice... If you are looking for weight loss, change your habits. Spending money to loose weight, is usually a temporary fix. The wraps actually did help me, but I got back into old eating habits, so that went away quickly. ( again- temporary fix) Thermo fit- did nothing- Confianza- did nothing- Hair Skin and Nails- Nadda- Fat Fighters- Is a joke! my friends got fat cause they thought they could eat whatever they wanted. I stopped that one right away. LOL
    The only good product I got out of it was their greens, which i use religiously. They help me keep my inflamation in my body under control. I can tell when I don't use them. I also NEVER get sick now that I take them and my allergies are under control. I don't take them for weight loss though.

Save your money :)
    Hope this helps!!!

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    klund13 wrote: »
    I have a friend who sells that stuff. She never posts before and after pictures of herself but of other people, and the photos always seem blurry and weird. She also claims that she can eat whatever she wants because she can take the fat fighters and carb blockers to not gain weight. :D. There's your sign that it is all a waste of money. This app and some motivation is all you need!

I have a friend who sells another MLM product and I have never seen her own progress pictures, but she posts pics of others a few times a week. I finally caught on to her finding these pictures on Google when she posted before and after pics of Drew Manning (the fit to fat to fit guy).
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    No Va.
  • mgirlsmama32
    mgirlsmama32 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I thought I could use the products as a jumpstart to losing weight. I have tried so many times on my own and for me after a couple of weeks I lose my motivation. I'm also a mother of 3 girls and it's so hard for me to diet and eat healthy when my husband and girls don't. To get to my long term goal I have about 75lbs to lose and I get frustrated quickly!

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I appreciate it!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    as for the family not eating healthy,if you do the grocery shopping then buy healthier items and stick to buying/eating not so healthy items maybe less than once a week? this way everyone eats healthy. especially the kids. cant make a grown man do that so much, but it wont hurt the kids either,when my kids were little they only got say fast food or treats once in awhile. the rest of the time it was healthy foods, they are adults now so I cant tell them how to eat. but I am the only one in my home that eats as healthy as I can,I stopped letting how others eat around me be my excuse.you have to be strong and want to do this. there is no jumpstart to weight loss you have to work hard at it and be patient. you cant expect something out of nothing,its worth it once you start looking and feeling better too.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    IT works! (For the guys at the top of the pyramid scheme, because they get ALL the $$).
    I thought I could use the products as a jumpstart to losing weight. I have tried so many times on my own and for me after a couple of weeks I lose my motivation. I'm also a mother of 3 girls and it's so hard for me to diet and eat healthy when my husband and girls don't. To get to my long term goal I have about 75lbs to lose and I get frustrated quickly!

Save your money, OP. Use myfitnesspal. Don't worry about gimmicks and silly rules, just weigh all the solid and semi solid foods you consume with a food scale using grams and choose accurate database entries that match the nutrition info on the packaging. No need to cut foods out...eat when you want, eat your favourite foods, plus nutritious foods (aim for hitting your Protien and fats) but be honest with yourself. I've lost over 80lbs eating what I like and just by writing all my foods, being honest with myself and logging accurately. No need for a jumpstart. Start counting calories and weighing food now....that's the jumpstart that you need... It won't cost you more.

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Don't wait around for motivation. Just do it.

Don't put yourself on a deprivation diet. They never work.

You can eat whatever you want. Just eat within your calorie limit.

Well done for asking questions. The forums are a goldmine of information. Check out the Helpful Posts topics. Good luck.
  • AndrelleJohnson
    AndrelleJohnson Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've actually tired it once when they first came out and I they don't work at all. And if you do see a change in your body it's only for a day or so. Don't waste your money girl. Probably try the detox teas you see all the time. Along with eating within your calorie range and exercise, it will actually work.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    You know what works? Accurately and honestly counting calories and sticking to your long term goals. No cash transfer required.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

I'm a mom of 3 kids. I didn't use that as an excuse. My husband has no interest in losing weight. I didn't use that as an excuse. I'm a stay at home mom and I'm around food all the time. I didn't use that as an excuse. I come from a large family tree of overweight and obese people. I didn't use that as an excuse. I was told by a doctor that I was genetically set up to be a type 2 diabetic. I didn't use that as an excuse.

If you truly want this, then you will find a way to make it happen no matter what.

Thank you and bravo.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I've actually tired it once when they first came out and I they don't work at all. And if you do see a change in your body it's only for a day or so. Don't waste your money girl. Probably try the detox teas you see all the time. Along with eating within your calorie range and exercise, it will actually work.

Don't use "detox teas." The most they do is make you pee and poop.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

Yep!!! She was the only one of all my recent additions to send messages, seemed so polite and kind and interested, asking about my goals and sharing her own. Then I saw all her status updates about the products and I was like... hmmmm no thanks! I will just pay attention and remove friends who sell MLMs