30 DAY SHRED

Options
okay so i have been eating good for a month now and lost 16 pounds... so this month ima do the 30 day shred with it... anybody who did it or in the process of doing have good results?

Replies

• treezy83
    treezy83 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've done it 2x and lost 11 pounds both times
  • gnarlykickflip
    gnarlykickflip Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    is the 30 day shred some kind of lifting program?
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I did it a number of years ago and found it extremely repetitive and, honestly, boring. I did not like or stick with it for that reason although I know a lot of people do enjoy it. I guess it depends on what you like!
  • natalie_journey
    natalie_journey Posts: 32 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I actually finished level 1 yesterday and so far I have lost 8 pounds. Today I started level 2 and thought I was gonna die, but I like it because I have seen results.
  • Arwalker79
    Arwalker79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where can you find the details of the 30 day shred?
  • kalynpethel
    kalynpethel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Arwalker79 wrote: »
    Where can you find the details of the 30 day shred?

I googled it and looked at youtube videos!!
  • kalynpethel
    Options

Some.. its like 3 minutes of strength which is lifting the weights.. 2 mins of cardio and 1 min of abs.. 3 times (circuits)
  • kalynpethel
    Options
    I actually finished level 1 yesterday and so far I have lost 8 pounds. Today I started level 2 and thought I was gonna die, but I like it because I have seen results.

Good for you! i cant see weightloss yet im on day 4 of level 1 but i definitely feel the pain of it working!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

not really, its a jillian michaels workout video. its not heavy weight lifting, its more of a type of circuit training type thing.you do lift weights but its light weights. I guess you could lift heavy dumbbells doing it but not as a beginner.
  • alevstar
    alevstar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 11, so far have lost 4 pounds. I have done it multiple times before, but always quit around day 20....this time I'll try to stick with it till the end. The results is what keeps me motivated!!
  • swebb4209
    swebb4209 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 1 level 1. I've tried it before but never stuck with it. Hopefully this time is different
  • palomapavlova
    palomapavlova Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I finished Level 1 and have lost 3lbs. Not as much as I was hoping, but I've made great strides in my level of fitness. Starting Level 2 today!
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I like it. Lost some pounds with it. It does get repetitive because you do it over and over again. But that's okay with me. Plus it's like less that $10 for a video. Score.
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I did it for 60 days and saw some pretty good changes. Not a ton of weight loss but good toning. I would recommend it. I just recently moved on to her video ripped in 30 which is the same idea, but a little more difficult from what I see so far.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Yes, I basically started with that DVD and calorie deficit when I joined mfp. I then added lots of other workouts...
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi :-) I am on day 28 and I think it's a great short workout. I am only doing it 5 days a week as I need rest days. Lost 3" off my waist and dropped 6 kilos over the 6 weeks. Try it!
  • swebb4209
    swebb4209 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    awesome results. I'm doing day 7 today!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

No it's circuit training - jumping jacks, lunges, push ups.....more jumping jacks, etc. Cardio and some light strength training. Nothing revolutionary.....but a lot of people like it.

It's free on YouTube. http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+30+day+shred&view=detail&mid=F17D021DE56E9659F67FF17D021DE56E9659F67F&FORM=VIRE
  • KimOrley
    KimOrley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just started Day 1 Level 1 today. My fitness levels were zero before January when I started C25k, now I can run for 30 minutes with relative ease, but I found this workout tough! I've never really done any strength before though. Really hoping I see some results on my arms and abs :smiley:
  • kristynamanda4101
    kristynamanda4101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    okay so i have been eating good for a month now and lost 16 pounds... so this month ima do the 30 day shred with it... anybody who did it or in the process of doing have good results?

I did it a few times a week for about 6 months and lost 45 pounds back in 2013. If you try it and stick to it, it works!