She logged into MFP 1000 days in a row – what happened will AMAZE you

Options
Titanuim
Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
edited May 2016 in Success Stories
Well “amaze” is a bit a of hyperbole as the results were not that dramatic in comparison to other success stories, but I have logged in for 1000 days today and figured a story would be a good way to mark the day..

I first joined MFP in 2012 when I had recently turned 40 and my lifetime of being allergic to exercise had caught up with me and I was feeling fat, forty and frumpy. My first year on MFP was hit and miss. I read all the stuff on the forums and tried to get into the groove of calorie counting and exercise, but I lacked consistency so the results were not great. In that first year I lost 3kg and my body shape didn’t really change at all despite doing workout DVD and Couch to 5k.

This was me back then

2tqafa4ya0cu.jpg
0iuzds8cog7h.jpg

Things started to change when I began lifting weights and tracking calories properly. I also began logging in every day and actually interacting with people on my newsfeed (and people started to interact with me). Finally, the results started coming and I dropped 10kg (22lb) and feel in love with lifting weights, so kept logging and lifting.

Fast forward to now. My life has completely changed. I have maintained the loss for 2 years and no longer log my calorie intake as it no longer necessary for me. I am no longer exercise-phobic and make sure I do something every day. I still love lifting and try to fit in at least 2 sessions per week but have added yoga, flexibility training and various aerial training classes as my current ambition is to be able to perform an aerial hammock routine by the end of the year.

I have transformed from an unhappy and lumpy 40 yo to a confident, happy 44yo who looks pretty damn hot.

I couldn’t have done this without MFP and the totally awesome people on my FL who have encouraged me when I was down, cheered my victories and seemed to like my non fitness related ramblings clogging up their newsfeed.

If I can share anything useful it is to just keep going as while the results often aren’t quick, they are totally worth the effort.

Here is what I look like now

h6nmgljbusca.jpg

80df0ukl6iu2.jpg

1v4p6wtr1ra4.jpg
si9p5uj6tn9l.jpg

P.S. Sorry for size of photo's - I am inept when it comes to that type of stuff and have NFI how to fix

Replies

• ravensoundslikejoy
    ravensoundslikejoy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments I hope they keep coming for you! :blush:
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congratulations on losing the weight and keeping it off.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I like your ramblings.

Well done buddy. I love how you only do what you love to do, making the doing sustainable.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Well done! I love how clearly it has made your life happier!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie I thought the figure before was nice; but the figure after... WOW!
  • Desidi7
    Desidi7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great and your persistence is inspiring!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing. It really helps to see others succeed. I'm going to be 60 this year and am finally getting in to the exercise thing, lol. Don't know why I waited so long. 30 pounds gone so far but I still have at least 35 more to go.......
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Thanks for sharing.
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words everyone
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    What an awesome transformation in your physique and in your mindset - congrats!
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! great great job :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!