New to the community, the old fashioned way.

Options
So I've tried a zillion times over to start a weight loss effort and I hope that this time will be the last. I am 43 and overweight but the difference is this time, it's all about me! I'm committed to changing my life one pound at a time.

Replies

• Amybiker
    Amybiker Posts: 7
    Options
    I am also in the 40+ age group & need to lose some weight. I used this site last year & made good progress but when I quit using MFP, I also let the weight back on. This is the only way I know to use exercise in combination with calorie counting to seriously get the results you are looking for. Good luck, I hope it works for you. If you want to be friends, I would be glad to work with you. Amy
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • lre224
    lre224 Posts: 83
    Options
    Hi BeckyRoe! I just sent you a friend request. I've been using My Fitness Pal for a couple weeks now, although not consistently; but I just discovered the Forums yesterday. I'm 47 and determined to finally lose weight for good. My goal is to avoid the health problems that most of my relatives have. My goal for myself is to develop the habit of eating healthy & exercising, so I will be able to maintain a healthy weight (once I get there). I spent most of my life in a constant battle with food and exercise. I never enjoyed exercise at all until about 2 years ago. We can help inspire each other.
  • paigelyn88
    paigelyn88 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend. This site is a great support system!