70 Lbs Down (w / pic)

Options
joebooth28
joebooth28 Posts: 55 Member
I began to use Fitness Pal and keep track of calories around the 1st of February. I have seen wonderful results. My daily caloric intake ranges from 1800 to 2000. I drink plenty of water and try to get good dietary fiber and protein in my food choices. I have also upped my exercise. As weight began to come off, exercise got a little easier. I do NOT kill myself at the gym. I focus on activities that I enjoy. I walk in the evenings as I rock out on my headphones. I play soccer and baseball in the yard with the kids. I play tennis. I garden and stay busy in the yard with projects. I try to remain active, but also get good rest and veg out with Netflix sometimes. I am still on my journey and would ultimately like to see a mid 200 number. I no longer live and die on the scale though. I know the numbers will eventually come down. I am just living one day to the next... and look forward to enjoying the next. I still enjoy food. Some of my favorite treats are the McDonalds Ice Cream Cones (170 calories). Frozen snickers (180 calories), Blueberry Greek Yogurt (140 calories), and Pumpkin Chiffon pie (200 calories). I have learned that Unsweetened Almond milk (30 calories a cup) can save me calories in my cereal and shakes without giving up any taste. And I LOVE milk. The biggest lessons that I have learned so far are patience and routine. Losing weight is not an overnight or one week deal. Its a consistent change that will happen overtime to your body. During your week a routine is important. Get used to eating and snacking about the same time each day. When "life" happens I always have a granola or Protein bar in the glove compartment etc. While I do have more to do on my journey. I wanted to share what has worked with me. When I started Fitness Pal, I read the Success Stories often. They motivate me. Life for me now is more enjoyable than it has been for years. And, I want that for you as well. God Bless and Happy Day... Joe
h82cxp5om7kd.jpg

Replies

• caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    well done!! you look great!
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    good work!
  • chattah
    chattah Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Great job and great attitude!
  • SueBarry1
    SueBarry1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    you are a great example to your kids-great job
  • mayoosh_primrose
    mayoosh_primrose Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! :smiley:
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Great job Joe! Lots of good advice and results there. :)
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well done. You have made some great changes and are reaping the rewards.
  • nowornever0430
    nowornever0430 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great job! :)
  • CandehMandeh
    CandehMandeh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Nice!~
  • 2B_FitDad08
    2B_FitDad08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! B)
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration. Thank you for sharing.
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Awesome job ... you are looking good!
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Atta boy!!!!! :)
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Well done and great job! I have lost 45 pounds but it is slowing down to 20lbs. a year but it is going down I do not cut out anything I just eat less and it comes off very slowly. But I am happy its coming off! I exercise 120-150 minutes a day by just walking and riding a recumbent bike at the gym. Like you I don't exercise HARD. I enjoy the outdoors of my neighborhood and walk during the day and I have an extensive garden that I tend too.
  • joebooth28
    joebooth28 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much all for the complements. :)
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That's a huge difference, you look great. I started off at 398lbs and struggled down to 325lbs on my own - it took years to do so. I joined MFP and I've just hit 298lbs. It took 12 weeks and was painless. I've still got another 98lbs to go, so if you want some motivation and companionship along the way, feel free to friend me.

Keep up the great work!
  • rdgfreshstart2016
    rdgfreshstart2016 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great work - keep it up!!!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Great attitude!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great work Joe, you're doing great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!